new injector pump

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

G.Macca

Reaction score
Hi everyone
i got a new injector pump fitted and now the engine light comes on at around 220ks and the car loses power,so i stop and fill the fuel tank up and the light goes out and the power is restored and so it goes on. and the fuel it uses is double it use to be from around 9.5-10lts per 100ks to 18lts per 100ks, has this happened to anyone else, can anyone help with this problem,
thanks G.Macca

The first thing I'd be doing is checking to see if the pump's leaking, which will decide for me whether I tow it or drive it back to where the pump was fitted.

I'd then be beating them over the head about it, because if you're not towing, 18LPHK is horrendous.

Which engine light comes on, the actual engine warning light, or the fuel tank level light?

New injector pump

Hi Old. Tony
the injector pump does not appear to be leaking, and it is the engine light that comes on. and yes i will be taking it back to the guy when he comes back from holidays next week

I wonder if it's the right pump for your model. I'm assuming diesel, and the new CRD run at a much higher pressure - if yours is an older model requiring a lower pressure, putting a pump from a Common Rail diesel in would squirt a lot more fuel into the chamber.

You should be able to see that as an excessive amount of smoke from the exhaust.

Latest posts

Back