Triton looks soo ugly now

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skyline_man

Reaction score
Is it just me or is it that the more I look at the Mitsubishi Triton, the uglier it gets?
It's just weird because I always find myself disliking the looks of a car at the beginning and then it gradually 'grows' on you and the car becomes more eye pleasing.
With the Triton, it's the opposite. I used to think they look good at the beginnig, but now they are looking like a POS. My misses thinks they look too "bubbly" and "girly"

The new Tritons looks like more of a turd, with the ridiculously longer tray.

I think the perfect looking ute would be a cross between the Hilux and the Navara. It would have the Hilux's back (without that stupid massive 'look at me' TOYOTA sticker) and the Navara's front.

Last edited:
I don't mind the triton's, the new ones get a pretty good wrap form the reviews so far (if you can beleive them). I almost bought one when I got my Nav, the Nav just felt a bit more refined.

The Triton trays never looked quite finished, looked a bit like an add on they couldn't quite get right. As far as the reviews go it's been a while since they gave the Triton a huge wrap because they haven't done much with the newer models, so they kind of deserve it for a little while. Come later this year they will be saying the same things about the new model of Nav, because it's newer.

I think the Triton's are better value for money, as in you get more for your money.

Stock standard they look a bit ordinary but after a few add-ons and accessories I think they can look pretty good.

Amazing what a mild lift & a set of muddies does for the look of a car.
If I was after a dual cab i'd have a look at one, but A: I loved the D40 when it first came out, and B: The suicide door king cab sold me

I hated em when they first came out but they slowly grew on me, trays are still ugly as f*ck, tritons are good value for money to buy new but shocking for resale value, so it sort of levels itself out.

a mate of mine has a new triton and he swears it is the best 4wd he has ever driven. I don't think i could ever own one.
They look like a volkswagon beetle on steroids..

Yeah bit too "girly" lookn for me. I like boxy square shapes to this new age bubble crap. D22 is the best lookn 4wd.

Theres a Triton down Geelong way - GLXR (?) with some sort of fast back on it.
Cant find any original equipment pics of it but I pissed myself laughing at it when I saw it because it is a tradies vehicle with pvc and copper hanging out the back of the hard lid and it looked like the Batmobile just less stylish.
mitsubishi-triton-tmr-570x381.jpg

the ford ranger has the same fastback sorta thing getting around now aswell

The 2010 model tritons have a huge tub on them now! I saw a few yesterday, must be the model with the new 2.5l engine. I'm sure its great for storage room but their departure angle must be hugely affected!

The one thing I noticed yesterday looking through some auto mags and papers is that when advertising the Triton the majority of images used (especially when there is only room for one or two shots) while showing the whole car are mainly angled so that the odd looking curve between hut and tub doesn't look so ugly. Maybe even Mitsu think their design isn't as good as it could be.

they are not the best looking 4wd out there thats for sure, and that curve does look so shit house.do not know what the designer was thinking when he came up with that idea. have to agree with joshy thou, that the d22 is the best looking 4WD going around

Latest posts

Back