D40 TJM canopy resto - ideas??

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BJJ84

Reaction score
hey all

I recently bought an old TJM canopy for my D40 and am in the process of stripping to repaint it. in the process I'm going to get it all sorted the way I need it so I'm open to ideas for what I should do while it's apart.

First thoughts are to get my lighting in it and run the wiring, I'll probab;y end up with a dual battery in the back so I'll have it all wired to a fuse block then decide where the power to the block will come from so any ideas on good LED lights for in the canopy would be appricated!

Also, it's currently bare fibreglass on the inside so I'm going to line it with something and open to suggestions here. So far I've thought of felt or marine carpet but definitely open to other suggestions and where to buy the stuff if possible!

One of the biggest things is that it's a textured finished. I'd really like to make it smooth but don't want to sand it back as the glass isn't all that thick and I don't want to weaken it, so any ideas here would be awesome!

So far it's stripped down to just the shell with the alloy tracks on the base, they'll be off in the next day or so. so much to remove, it's not a small task but should be worth it!

I'll post up some pics as the build goes.

Cheers!

Brett

Latest posts

Back