3.2ltr Gutless Wonder

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Weigian

Reaction score
I am new to the site and think that you guys have got it going on! Nice work to all.
I recently bought a D22 '99 dual cab 4x4 and have loved it. I do long road Kms and am running around 12ltr/100kms which I'm comfortable with, but she's a down shifting, throttle beating fight to the destination as it is sooo gutless and slow. She's done 265,000Kms and I do not want to turbo it - for obvious reasons - so where do I start with modifications that both the motor and I will enjoy for another 200,000kms?? Thinking better breathing with extractors and snorkel etc? Is this the right place to start?
:suicide:

compression test and recon injectors.
snokel and extractors will help but not by a big lot.
if you really want power you have to add fuel so you will need to tweak the pump etc.
before you tweak the fuel you will need an EGT guage. atmo diesels get piston melting hot real quick.

Thanks. Melting Pistons is not where I want to head. More fuel sounds doable with injector/pump revamp.
Thanks again.:big_smile:

3.2L gutless wonder

Hi.

I also have a '99 twin cab diesel, which I have had since 2000. Has just ticked over 100,000 km, and I also want to be able to actually overtake someone once in it's life. Am looking at fitting a turbo, but you say no. Xcuse my ingnorance, but what is the obvious reason why not, (apart from cost)? Will the donk not be able to handle the extra stress?
Cheers..

Anyone else reading this thread, these motor's can easily be turboed.

In the inline of the injection pump there is a banjo filter in the injection pump which can get filled up with fibres from the fuel filter.

These motor's are mechanical injection and about every 100,000km's the injection pump needs the timing adjusted and the injectors wouldn't hurt to be overhauled aswell at the same time.

Dave.

Latest posts

Back