New D22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luke Ellis

Reaction score
Hi guys,
New to the forum and it has been great reading over the wealth of knowledge. Iv just purchased a new 2010 model D22 TDI STR and had a few questions...
Iv ordered the vehicle with the nissan steel winch bar and was wondering if a pair of lightforce XGT,s would fit on as ill be taking these off my old triton and fitting them up (if they'll fit).
Also wondering if the vehicle comes standard with a tarp for the tub and i neglected to ask.
Cant wait to get it and have loved these cars for a long time, will be interesting to see what she'll be capable of up at Bunyip as thats my stomping ground.
Cheers guys
Luke

Hi Luke,

Congrats on the new ute. I have a late '09 STR. I reckon the XGT's should fit, even if you have to re-drill the holes.

I fitted Hella Rally 4000's and just re-drilled the holes forward and wider so as not to interrupt the airflow into the grill and also leave room for a possible third light in the future is necessary.

I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure the Nissan Tonneau is an added extra. It's shown on the genuine accessories brochure.

I hope you enjoy the new ute and welcome to the forum.

Cheers,

DJ

Cheers for the reply's guys
Deejay, I thought there would be a big chance i may have to re drill some holes purely due to the size of the lights, they're big suckers but worth every penny in my opinion.
The tonneau completely slipped my mind, will have to make a phone call me thinks and get them to add it do the list of options :laugh:
They're a quality vehicle and am chomping at the bit to get it, hurry up next thursday!!!
cheers
Luke

G'Day & Welcome,

I have a paif of XGT's fitted to my standrard nissan steel winch bar, didnt need to redrill holes, just revered the bottom bracket part of the lights so they were more forward facing, only pertrude 10-15mm from the bar. Yes cover for tub is an optional extra, ball park $300 through dealer........

G'day matt
thats what i wanted to hear about the XGT's, to good of a light to let go of.
great idea reversing the bottom bracket, will do that when i take delivery on wednesday and 15mm is alot less than what i thought they would stick out past the bar which is great.
Ill be looking at a lift fairly soon to so any opinions on what you guys think is a good option would be appreciated. Been looking at the snake racing flex system but am thinking that may be a little extreme.
Cheers boys
Luke

Gday Luke, Just on the tonneau cover for the back, you may have noticed that some Navaras have the hooks in the tub and some dont. Thats because the hooks are drilled into the tub when/if you order/fit the cover.

I'm saying this because if you go for a hard lid or canopy (at some stage) you may not want the hooks in there as they will look out of place. just a thought.

Just picked up my new D22 ST-R on Friday. Just got back from it's first trip to Rainbow Beach, Double Island point and some of the inland tracks around there. Didn't even let the tyres down and it ate it up - easy as. I tried my best to get it bogged in some powdery stuff but low range just crawls it out. The standard tyres (Bridgestone Dueler AT's) are good kit, engine has plenty of power between 2000-3000RPM. I was a little worried about the departure angle, cos of the big chrome rear bar and all, but it simply idled over the rocks at Rainbow, peice of piss. It's a LOT more basic than my D40, but the D22 feels more like a real 4WD than the D40's. I'm also much less worried about damaging it or bits falling off, because there are a lot less bits, and a lot less $$$ outlay for the vehicle itself.

haha, I wouldn't say better, as both vehicles are really in different classes. For me, I didn't want to spend another $50k on a car that I just wanted to take up the beach and to the dump etc. It was great to have all of the features, performance and the excellent quiet ride of the D40, but for $20k extra I just couldn't justify it. Having now owned both though I can definately say I think both the D22 STR and D40 STX represent good value for money and a great vehicle. If I were a motoring journo, my summation would go something like this:

".....For the low $30k's, the D22 is a tough, truck like 4X4 which seems to be very capable and well built, and who's value for money and quality could not be matched by any other manufacturer or vehicle on the market today. For the high $40k's, the D40 STX is a brilliant, powerful, comfortable well kitted out 4X4 which is just as good to be in as a Prado or Pajero (or Pathfinder, obviously) but with the added flexibility of the ute body....."

Do you reckon I'd be a starter in 4WD Monthly columns???

Hi lads
Thanks for all the reply's, i appreciate them.

Just an update... I picked up my new navara on monday and iv only got one word... AWSOME.
It would have to be the best 4x4 iv owned (only had it 5 days) and im absolutely wrapped with it. The way it drives and feels puts one hell of a smile on my face and luckily for me the wifey loves it too :big_smile:
Must say though that im glad im very particular with my cars and went over it at Nissan when picking it up as they had one hub in the lock position and a crack in the dash but other than that...wrapped!
Im thinking about driving up to the strathbogies on my week off in 2 weeks because im so keen to get out there :proud:
The fuel economy is amazing for a brand new car, iv gone through half a tank and done 417kms already, thats mind boggling coming from a pertol Triton.
The fit and finish i find very good and everything looks made for the vehicle, not just an afterthought but there will plenty of add ons soon enough. the UHF and XGT's are finding their new home on her tmrw after work.
Cheers
Luke

Back