Fraser Island Feb 2010

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dec0guy

Reaction score
We just spend 5 days on Fraser Island. As it was our Honeymoon, we stayed at Kingfisher Bay and had a fantastic time.

Being after the school holidays there were not too many people on the island and doubt we saw more than a dozen other cars on the various tracks (apart from the carparks at Lake McKenzie and Central Station)

Been raining for most of the previous week so most of the tracks were quite firm and never even got close to being bogged in the sand. Some tracks were a bit rough with a lot of exposed tree roots in places but nothing to worry about. With the tides and the hour or so to get across the island from Kingfisher Bay to the surf side we didn't see too much on the eastern side.

All was good until the last day when I was about to pack up the Navara. lifted the tonneau cover and discovered some low-life scumbag s*&thead had helped himself to out camping chairs and Maxtraxx (wedding present, never even used!)

Anyway still had a good time and managed to download the GPS tracks and attach some pics

Attachments

• Fraser (4).jpg
    Fraser (4).jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 93
  • Fraser (5).jpg
    Fraser (5).jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 97
  • Fraser (6).jpg
    Fraser (6).jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 104
  • Fraser (7).jpg
    Fraser (7).jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 91
Nice pics mate, sorry to hear about the theft, there are some lowlife scumbags around.

Nice pics mate, congrats on tying the knot too. That sux about the gear getting knocked off, sure are some a$$holes around. Hopefully they get stuck and the Maxtraxx dont work!

I hate thieving scum, i know how you feel, its happened to me too but i had a window broken for them to gain entry.

Anyway congrats with everything else.

Fraser is great, I go up there every year around september with my old man and a bunch of other mates & their old boys. It's a pretty amazing place, beautiful scenery, good fishing, good 4X4ing, and plenty of hot backpacker girls usually displaying a lot of skin! Ha ha

Great pics, bad though thieving scum had to raise themselves out of the quagmire...

We're heading to Fraser middle of June for 3 days, staying at Eurong Beach, just before the June school holidays start. Be fairly nice, middle of winter and all, :laugh:

Seeing I haven't been there for 30 years, can't wait.

Hoo Roo

Fraser is a beautiful place!

Anyway here are the GPS tracks I downloaded last night. I've got a Garmin GPS and using Garming Mapsource overlaid the tracks on Google Earth.

Never really played with it before but interesting to overlay it on Google Earth. When you zoom in the GPS track and Google earth don't always align.

Attachments

• Google Earth.jpg
    Google Earth.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 71
  • Fraser Garmin.pdf
    87.4 KB · Views: 81

Latest posts

Back