how can i alarm my roller shutter over the pick up

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beaky1066

Reaction score
hi i have a 06 reg navara d40 ,,, i have some expensive tools in the back and have a armadillo over the back pick up but it is separate from the double cab part thus not alarmed does anyone know how to incorporate another sensor to protect my tools many thanks

Wiring up the tailgate of the current D40 to the NATS is as simple as getting the central locking unit which fit's behind the panel and operates like a normal keylock. I can't imagine wiring up any other locking mechanism would be much harder.

I haven't seen the roller shutter you speak of but I'd imagine anything with a lock is easy enough to wiring into the system with an after market central locking kit. If you can't hook it up via the central locking you may need to hard wire it into NATS which would require a bit more investigating.

Also if it's not NATS then it may not be as simple as an extra central locking mechanism.

Is yours the electric type roll or do you need to push it open by hand?
If its electric there must be a switch somewhere that tells the cover to stop when it reaches the end, i would connect it to that switch, if its not electric i guess your gona have to make your own switch to connect to an alarm. Or how about a motion sensor?

I can set my NATS off but slamming the canopy (if the ute is on the right angle) and for some strange reason with the gerni when washing the front of it so I'd avoid motion sensors and get a latch or switch, even if it's from the wreckers, it just has to work

I'd be looking at putting a magnetic reed switch in. This would be the cheapest option, the alternative would be a microwave sensor but at a much higher price. I would gofor the magnetic switch. That way, if the alarm goes off then someone has opened it for sure. Microwaves can false alarm and also can mess with your wireless network at home.

cheers for the reply's where is the nearest place i can tap into the alarm with a cable to the read switch in the back cheers and.... about the snakes lol

There "should" be a wire running connecting to your door sitchfrom the alarm, you can tap into this and run it down the back to connect the switch to. Shouldn't be too hard to find, probably connected to the drivers door switch. The reed switch will likley activate your interior light, to get around this you will need a diode. Let me know if it does and I'll draw a little diagram how to get fit one to it.

As far as I'm aware Nissan terminate the central locking loom somewhere between the back of the hut and the tailgate. Some O/S trucks come with the rear tailgate key lock already wired to central locking so it stands to reason that Nissan run and terminate the loom somewhere easy. I think if you look under the car you can only find about 3 paths of wires from front to back, follow these to their termination and there is a good chance you'll find the wire that directly taps into the central locking without having to get into the back of door switches. There is very few terminated cables at the rear of the tub I believe because they all run to things like lights and towbars etc so it should be quite easy to find and a simple meter test while locking or unlocking the car will prove the right terminals.

Latest posts

Back