Thieves

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

happy john

Reaction score
I disturbed two young a/holes attempting to steal my van at 2am they used a slide hammer and disabled the hitch lock unbeknown to them around the wheel and to the chassis it was secured with 15mm boltcutter proof chain and lock.They attempted to drag it then realized the chain was there they attacked it with a pair of 3ft boltcutters it simply broke the teeth.

Not that they would of got it it shows you have to really look after you gear these guy's had no plates on the hilux i took out the passenger with the bat and broke 2 windows they had another group further down the road parked so it was 5 against 1 cops carn't do anything without rego the van is worth about 16k so they almost had a good xmas.

At the end of the day i am just saying watch your trailers and vans those hitch locks you see at supercheap whilst the padlock is protected from boltcutters a slide hammer will rip it out also these buggers had gloves so no prints on the tools they left hope this Rant makes you all more vigilant.

John

Fcucking filth. Very happy to hear that at the very least, you kept your van mate.

I've been thinking about getting a gun licence. Every ground floor unit in my block and the block next door were broken into a couple of weeks ago, the thought of people walking around in my unit while i'm asleep pisses me off.Shotgun full of rock salt would be a good lesson.

Totally agree rumpig whilst i hate violence thats what you need to do these days i boxed years ago and can look after myself but the bat is always with me(not the wife) i got into a bad situation last night would i use something more no the trouble with these a/holes is they are high on everything nothing will stop them all you can do is phone the police i am lucky they pissed off and against what i do i fought back why should you have to.

Very lucky happy John!!!
I think you have some worthwhile investments there!!!
Yes and you are right everybody has to pay attention more this time of the year unfortunately.
Christmas seems to bring out the bad in some people.

'I LIKE TO CUSTOMISE,'WHAT MORE CAN I SAY'

Not good mate.
Glad your o.k.
It could have gone horribly wrong. Material things can be replaced but a spare of the moment event like that can change your life.. They need to be a hole lot tougher on these pricks. And the government need to realise you need police on the beat at night druggies sleep all day.
:sniper:

luck you still have it mate

I always make sure I got good lighting in my driveway for both cars and the trailer even it is gated.

then let my 2 dogs roam around the front freely

Good to hear that you saved your property, and that's the word YOURS, no one else's. Thieves are nothing but shite under society's feet

What amazes me is that they bothered in the first place. Is there a way of black-marketing something as large as a camper? I know cars can be disassembled for parts, but why would you do it with a camper? It's not like you can hand it over the counter at the local pawnbroker and get a quick $50 for another fix.

Glad to hear you didn't lose it.

Not sure if you were lucky or unlucky but glad it worked out for the best.

The problem is the scum will be back at it somewhere else tonight.

farkin scum of the earth these blokes, lucky you saved it, but maybe unlucky as they might be back for revenge.

where do you get this bolt cutter proof chain from, might invest in some.

bryan

What amazes me is that they bothered in the first place. Is there a way of black-marketing something as large as a camper? I know cars can be disassembled for parts, but why would you do it with a camper? It's not like you can hand it over the counter at the local pawnbroker and get a quick $50 for another fix.

Glad to hear you didn't lose it.

It's big business, like a lot of motor bikes, in a shipping container and of to NZ. Same with the big earth moving machinery, it doesn't go to cash converters

Next to your house, a car or van will most likely be the most expensive thing you will ever own. SO WHY DO THE OFFENDERS ONLY GET A SLAP ON THE WRIST!!!!!!!!!!!

farkin scum of the earth these blokes, lucky you saved it, but maybe unlucky as they might be back for revenge.

where do you get this bolt cutter proof chain from, might invest in some.

bryan
Hey Bryan the chain is maganise alloy square link about $60mtr from most chain supplies team it up with a lock with a protected shackle like Tony said i cannot believe the a/holes could shift it but looks like they can.

I put an extra chain on my trailer after your encounter. It sits across from a street light and a sensor light as well. Never had any trouble but I'll heed the warning. Cheers.

Over the past year or so. In Geelong and surrounding regions there has been a massive amount of motorbikes gone missing, a few 4x4's (Navara at ocean grove) and quite a few trailers. Including caravans boats and jet skis. With the caravans they knock on the door to see if your home or not hookup and drive away. ANYTIME DAY OR NIGHT.

IMO At the end of the day its not worth your life for something that can be insured. And if they want it they will find a way to get it.

If you didnt desturb them they would have come back another night if they couldnt get it.

Latest posts

Back