uhf single din mounting??

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nismo4x4

Reaction score
Hey guys tried to search the forum of any pics of where people have mounted a single din uhf unit...cant seem to find a good spot...maybe should have got a split face dam it!

1074t.jpg

Here is mine, I think it may be smaller than single DIN though?

yea thats a good size...i bought mine off the net expecting it to be smaller..dam it. i can see myself hacking into some plastic... sighs ;-(

Hi nismo, is this what you're after??

Brad

...............OOPS!!! Sorry, just realised you've a D40!!!!....................

Attachments

• UnidenUHF.jpg
    UnidenUHF.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 177
Hi nismo, is this what you're after??

Brad

...............OOPS!!! Sorry, just realised you've a D40!!!!....................

its ok mate. i cant install it in the cd area cause i have a 7" double din dvd player in there...

I've got mine mounted on the side of the centre console, easy to get to and even with long legs it doesn't get in the way, in fact it becomes something to rest my leg against. I was going to mount it under the heater controls but I put my camera screen there so it's a little bit out of sight from prying eyes and because I rarely use the camera anyway.

I am however considering a roof console before I take the Nav on it's next big trip. I've always had roof mounted CB's in the trucks and utes and it's just something I'm used to but deciding which roof console is more of a problem because I have had bad experiences with them before.

cheers guys.

iv got more dramas...i cant find any decent grommet holes in the firewall to feed this massive 15mm screw head of the coaxial cable (cant remove the head either). i dont want to cut the coaxial either ;-(

For anyone reading this later there is a grommet on the passenger side of D40's that is big enough to put the coax plug through. It's a little twisting to get it through there with the plug on but it's easier than the drivers side and it comes out in a fairly convenient location for low mounted CB's. Without the plugs the passenger side grommets have provided me enough space for 5 cables so far.

Latest posts

Back