Looking at buying one of these v6 beauties

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm looking at buying a 550. But always like to research power mods for it. Has anyone changed the airbox to something more efficent as i read they are restrictive. Has any one done s hot pipe for them aswell as the cold pipe? Is there anyone doing a stanless steel snorkel for them? Last one any one regretted buying a v6 diesel?

Cheers

Brett

I dont know about any mods but i have had mine for about 8 months and kept it stock apart from a snorkel and a few accessories but the one thing i have found after owning 5 other 4wds and dual cabs from nearly every make is that the 550 is bloody great.
Goes like stink even as standard, gets fantastic fuel economy is quiet and comfortable, has all the mod cons and if you do need to tow something you hardly know its on the back.
So far i have had no problems with it touch wood and i think that if you choose one of them you will make a top decision.

I've read somewhere that the transmission slips in low range decent, could have been rectified but worth looking into if you are choosing it to be a tourer.

Nissan don't believe that's a fault, or so they've said. I believe it's a programming error.

Essentially, if you're in 2HI or 4HI and you manually select first gear, you can go down a steep incline and the engine RPM will rise and rise and the car will stay in the chosen gear.

However, if you put the vehicle in 4LO and manually select first, the RPM will rise so far (to about 1600rpm) then the car will select 2nd gear on its own.

Read more about this issue from this post onwards. It can be defeated, as you'll discover!

What Old. Tony has said is correct. I have learnt ways around it..... 1st low and 2nd low will hold if you keep you foot off the peddle. otherwise you'll be in top gear really fast.

Latest posts

Back