fuel tank breather

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justdrinkbeer

Reaction score
hade a look under my car the other day when letting tyres down and a bloody pipe just dangling there in the breeze, looks like it comes from the top of the fuel tank, so i'm guessing a breather, now then, the end of it has a white thing on it, looks like it should plug into somewhere, does anyone know where?
Nissan service recon they need to get it on a hoist next to another one and copy that.
They couldn't tell shit from shoe polish

Mine plugs into the chassis rail.
See middle of picture the hose just pluging into rail.
th_Image0028.jpg

Going by what justdrinkbeer says about his dealer I'm not sure even photographic proof is going to be enough to convince those idiots what is under a Nav.

Fuel tank breathers don't really need to be extended - the engine doesn't consume all that much fuel. When I installed my long range tank, I installed a simple clear plastic/paper fuel filter on the end of my breather - that way I can visually inspect for any contamination.

i don't know about the D40 as D22 has factory tank breather system which is ample.

you do need to try and keep it out of water as much as possible. its not so much how much fuel it uses but rather the air in the tank contracts when it gets cooled as you drive through water. air contracts sucking water through the vent.
you get the same problem with hot axles.

Mine plugs into the chassis rail.
See middle of picture the hose just pluging into rail.
th_Image0028.jpg

Perfect, looks just like mine except its in the right spot!
Forgot to mention the other day, I have a 12v pressure pump system attached to my water tank, use it for washing the boat, anyway, the dumb arse service bloke unclipped it from the tank (usual garden hozelock fitting), sniffed the water that dribbled out of the hose and proclaimed that it wasn't diesel at all! Didn't even see the actual brather.

And they wonder why I don't go to them for servicing.

PS its Randwick Nissan and I don't care if they know i'm posting that

Latest posts

Back