What brand Tent do you have and recommend

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NavaraPhill

Reaction score
With the addition to our family we decided to buy a new Tent for our next camping trip to Carnarvon Gorge, We like the BlackWolf Turbo Lite range . Has anyone got one ? and What do you think of them?
What type of tent have you got and would you recommend it ?
Any advice ?
Cheers

Haven't bought the ideal tent yet but may tomorrow at the SA Caravan and Camping Show if they are on sale!

We have spent a lot of time on researching tents and the best tent is the Black Wolf Turbo range.

• Its Canvas
  • Its weighs less than 30 kgs
  • It packs into one bag
  • It competitor's bag (i.e. Oz Tent) is too long to fit any where
  • Quick to erect
  • Can stand in the tent
  • Got super fine mesh
  • Good range of flies and other options available
  • Made in Australia

Negatives
They are bloody pricey!!

we have a SilverGeo 4 from rays outdoors at the moment. great tent but it takes ages to put up and take down. went to the S.A. caravan and camping show today and think i'm going to save for an Oz Tent. easy to put up, sturdy when up, can add sides to increase size and can put 2 facing each other to double the size. the down sides are that it is damn expensive and needs roof racks because of the length when folded down.

Gday

I've been looking at tents and the like currenlty have a oztrail 6 man dome with the extenstion out the front for all the goodies to be stored in so you can have your queen bed inside. Have never had a problem with it and it has done me proud over about 5 years however these new tents are so quick. Since it is only me and my partner we recently purchased a wanderer pop up tent and a 16 x 24 foot oztrail tarp. Now if we are touring we just throw the tent up it literally takes about 2 secs like one of those sunvisor things and once you get the trick to folding them up worked out takes about 10 secs to pack it up. These again though are only for 2 people max however it withstands the weather and has super fine mesh and you could probabably buy three and a tarp for what a 6 man black wolf would be. However i am not doubting that the black wolf tents are better and more useful.

Just thoughts hope this helps

Cheers
Cheers

I dicked around with a variety of tents, swags, double swags etc, eventually got the shits with it all, wen't all out and bought a Southern Cross canvas Double dome swag, i'd been looking at them for ages, cost over $700 but I have to say it is bloody awesome, wouldn't even think of anything else now.
However, if you need it for the family, obviously no good!

When out by myself, or just me and the young bloke - swag all the way.

When it's a family trip - we go for a tent. Tourer style canvas tent for us (we use an Oz Trail branded tent).

I also have a Sportivo branded super geodesic multi dome with sunroom and multi rooms and all the bells and whistles. Great tent. If you have an hour to put it up.

Have been taking a long hard look at the Black Wolf Turbo Twin Lite. I like the concept of relatively quick and easy setup, yet still with multi-room space for the family.

I have a OZTENT and are as good as the promos. No bull, up in 30 seconds and unless breezy I don't use pegs. Expensive but they are very easy to setup and put away.

I have an OzTent and they are great, fits in well with the Foxwing awning I've fitted to the Nav...

I'm on my 2nd oztrail dome tent, I had to get a bigger one because of the growing family. I never have had a problem with either of them and they are relatively cheep. In setting up I recon I could have it up by myself in under 10mins and also packed in under 15mins. I know this is much longer than the oztent but to get the same amount to room i would need 2 oztents @ just over a grand each and I only payed under $400 for my dome tent. and the oztrail also packs up into a lot smaller bag

Latest posts

Back