3" lift - snake racing kit

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aidan

Reaction score
Hey guys. Ive got the 3" x-flex kit from snake racing on my D22 and i was wondering if anyone else has fitted this kit and if they have fitted 33's. I know a lot of ppl have covered different topics close to this but i have not been able to find a true answer as to whether or not i will fit them from someone that has tried. i dont mind tking off mudflaps and beating the inner sills in a litle but dont want to chop the guards. if anyone has pics of the damage they had to do to the sills to get any tyres to fit id be keen to see some.
Cheers Aido

I have the 3 inch xflex kit on my Nav. Only been on for about a month, been off road twice. So far very happy with it. I have been told that the extended shackels are illegal though. Not sure what i'll do if this is true. My springs are nearing the end of there life so i will make the descision then I suppose. Cal offroad does a 3 inch leaf for the D22 with std shackels. Hope this helps.
PS Dont get the leaves from Snake racing, they are #@*! crap
Tukey.

i went to IRONMAN headquarters here in Melbourne today to get prices and they told me i couldnt get a 3" lift kit for my 04 narvy????? whats the go here

Hey guys I'm about to lift my 05 d22 and was thinking 3'' superior but still waiting to hear back on the price, how much was your snake racing one. If all else fails i will be going with a 2" iron man.

i went to IRONMAN headquarters here in Melbourne today to get prices and they told me i couldnt get a 3" lift kit for my 04 narvy????? whats the go here

3" lift kits are ellegal in Victoria.The most you can lift your car is 2" weather it be the suspension or the body.You cant lift it at all if your navara is fitted with airbag.I just found this out from a vicroads engineer.

i;m in qld and not planning on selling it anytime soon and only take it offroad soo i;m not overly concerned about whats legal but yeah most places wont fit over 2 inch

Sorry for bringing back a old thread, But could anyone that has a 3" kit tell me what the height of your navara is after the lift? I have to fill out a application for a "pre" lift before i attempt to install mine and i have to give the height of vehicle after the kit has been installed.

I have just heard rumors of people gaining more than 2" with a 2" kit, so if i put an extra 76mm on top of standard height and it is higher i might be liable in a crash.

Oh btw, its for a 3 inch calmini kit.

Brett

bbryant85 said:
Sorry for bringing back a old thread, But could anyone that has a 3" kit tell me what the height of your navara is after the lift? I have to fill out a application for a "pre" lift before i attempt to install mine and i have to give the height of vehicle after the kit has been installed.

I have just heard rumors of people gaining more than 2" with a 2" kit, so if i put an extra 76mm on top of standard height and it is higher i might be liable in a crash.

Oh btw, its for a 3 inch calmini kit.

Brett

3" suspension lift isn't legal as far as I'm aware....

well, $2600 down the drain then i guess.

I was always under the impression 50mm lift or below is self engineered. The maximum lift all together was 152mm or 6" and had to be engineered. Anything over 6" was illegal. grease-able shackles were legal, extended were illegal. Obviously bigger wheels, suspension and body lift are all added up in a final lift.

Guess my friends or people i have met were full of shit.

Brett

You know, i actually WANTED to lift my car legally, i was aiming for 3" suspension and 32's or 33's. Nothing EXTREME! I wanted to go through a engineer and ensure the truck is safe and road legal, But it's looking like I will have to follow the illegal track and just do it with out engineer's approval.
Are all lifted trucks illegal? I see so many GQ's, D40's with 5" kits, 80 series lifted WAY too high, are they all doing it illegally? I don't want a 7" lift with 37" beads, something simple.

Where did the freedom in Australia go?

Brett

Not sure about where you are from but in tassie I have 3" suspension, body lift and 32's (33's are not legal) fully engineered and legal, we use the national code of practice here. Go talk to an engineer and see what you can actually do in your state.

Not sure about where you are from but in tassie I have 3" suspension, body lift and 32's (33's are not legal) fully engineered and legal, we use the national code of practice here. Go talk to an engineer and see what you can actually do in your state.

Im in Western Australia, And as far as i know we also follow national code. Will give them a call and see. Thanks mate

Brett

Just a heads up...

I have 2' Suspension, 2' Body, wound up torsions, greasable shackles, 32' Mud tyres, have installed front mount cooler, 3' exhaust with no muffler, EGR block off, All done myself..

Havent engineered anything... Ran up the back of a Corolla about a month ago after a big fishing trip/tired driving and Insurance company didnt say a thing.. Wrote the Corolla off and I had a small 3-4 cm scratch on my bullbar which they brought me a whole new one... :)

I know its probably not the 'right' thing to be doing but didnt have any problems with insurance company...

Allianz.. I now have updated insurance company with most of the mods and premium hasnt changed...

I guess it could be a different story if someones life was at risk or caused a million dollars worth of property damage..

I know it would be easy not to engineer the truck, but it's because of people who don't get vehicle modifications engineered and do crazy shit to their vehicles who ruin it for everyone else.

I personally don't think your setup is dangerous in any way or outrageous but then again, i'm not the law. I would assume your either lucky or not in the wrong, but as im aware a 2" lift or more needs to be engineered.
I see a jeep cruising around town with a ridiculous lift and big 35's and they don't seem to get in trouble. Makes my D22 look tiny.

I will ring up some engineers when i get back down to Perth in November and see what they say.

Brett

Brett, in W.A. We are currently subject to VSB, also known as NCOP, as you previously mentioned.
This means you can self engineer a lift up to 50mm, DPI advise they still want to be made aware, but it's only for documentation purposes.
The 50mm lift can either be tyres, suspension or a combination of both.

If you want to go any higher you need to consult an engineer, and have it signed off by them, I'm led to believe this entails a number of tests including a lane change test, not sure how you would go about that being in Hedland...

The web page they have states it's for a max lift of 6 inches, again combination of tyres, suspension etc.
If you want to read up more on it, have a squiz at the dpi web page
Modify a vehicle

Hope this helps

Ben

Brett, in W.A. We are currently subject to VSB, also known as NCOP, as you previously mentioned.
This means you can self engineer a lift up to 50mm, DPI advise they still want to be made aware, but it's only for documentation purposes.
The 50mm lift can either be tyres, suspension or a combination of both.

If you want to go any higher you need to consult an engineer, and have it signed off by them, I'm led to believe this entails a number of tests including a lane change test, not sure how you would go about that being in Hedland...

The web page they have states it's for a max lift of 6 inches, again combination of tyres, suspension etc.
If you want to read up more on it, have a squiz at the dpi web page
Modify a vehicle

Hope this helps

Ben

Hey Ben, I did do some reading before buying my kit and i was thinking it was legal in WA. I just need to organise the pre approval forms and everything then install and get the kit engineered. I will give some of those engineers in that pdf page a call/email and see what they say.

Cheers

Brett

With that lift you will have to do the lane change test...... Big can of worms an not cheap

Why is a lane change test a big can of worms? I had to do one with my navara here in tas, not sure of cost in other states but the total cost for lane change test, engineer report and mod plate was less than $850. It passed the lane change test no worries at all.

Latest posts

Back