how hard do you rev your navara ?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matty

Reaction score
just out of interest was wondering how hard you guys tend rev the old girl. my nav rarely see's 3 grand and on average i would say im pulling the next gear around 2000-2600. thought i would open it up the other day and took 3rd gear to 3500 and quickly pulled 4th and i was really surprised how hard it pulled and stayed on boost really well between gears when giving it some. like i said before just interested to see how you's drive your navara's

I drive it pretty easy round town, though where there is power, there is also motivation to use it haha.

Off road I have been known to rev the tits off it trying to get up hills etc. Hopefully with the locker now I won't have to so much.

usually shift my at around 2500-2750rpm. Have occasionally revved it out to 3500rpm but not very often. Scared if might go bang. lol.

No point going beyond 3500 for me. Peak torque is at 1800 and peak hp is approx 2800.
generally shift around 3000-3200 to keep the flywheel spinning for the next gear.

the ZD30 has a 3000-3500 rpm power band. dunno about peak torque at 1800, i thought it was at 2000. it really drops off fast below 2000.
normal driving i keep in the 2000-3000 rpm range but will rev it right out if required. if coasting though town it will be 1000-1500rpm.

Between 2700-3000 for me, find that any lower with my extra weight on board it struggles and then I have to drop back down a gear anyway.......

YD25 D22 with no load, I don't see any need to rev past 3000, the engine is at it's peak power in the 2000's so it's just wasting time and fuel after 3000rpm. Very occasionally (like, once a month) I will rev it out to 3500-4000 to get the cobwebs out, but most of the time I shift around 1800-2500. I've found with diesels, it's quicker point-to-point to short shift and use the gears and the low end torque of the engine to accelerate rather than rev the tits off it like a petrol engine

Yeah I shift mine at 2900-3000 2.5CR and occaisonally take it to 3500 as it pulls hard into the next gear if trying to get speed up to merge or enter traffic but like most o fyou guys said they got nothing over 3500 at all

i tend to shift arround the 2700 area, but when merging onto the hwy i will let it run to about 3500, mine has been on a dyno before i purchased it but I have the chart and I think they took it all the way to the limmiter at about 5000 from memory, I havn't looked the chart for a whyle.

I usually run the ZD30 to about 3000 when just driving but anything up to 4000 when towing. Despite the factory claims for where the power and torque peaks are I find that if I am towing anything below about 2200 leaves it gasping and it really does pull almost to the redline.

When towing I aim to be above 2000 revs in the next gear as a minimum when shifting, but I generally only go harder than that on hills.

I try to keep mine at around 2000 when taking off, whether I'm towing or not. Hills are a different matter and I'll let her get up to between 3000-3500 so that she doesn't struggle so much. Only very rarely do I push her over this, there's little need - if someone can't wait the extra few seconds that I'd save by flogging the guts out of my car at each set of lights, then they don't want to see me and that feeling's quite mutual.

slightly off topic...and to the manual vehicle guys, has any1 noticed when revving around 3500-5000 in 1st gear and when trying to release the clutch...it kinda doesnt release immediately as if its like some sort of clutch assist??

slightly off topic...and to the manual vehicle guys, has any1 noticed when revving around 3500-5000 in 1st gear and when trying to release the clutch...it kinda doesnt release immediately as if its like some sort of clutch assist??

Haha, launch control?
Dropping the clutch at 5000rpm? :3gears:

Haha, launch control?
Dropping the clutch at 5000rpm? :3gears:

5000 revs maybe i couldn't quite remember on the day but i needed the d40 to dance to get into bs traffic...no prick would let us in...so i gave it heaps and i released the clutch and it released slowly when my foot was off it altogether...motor was sreaming its ring out...didnt sound too good.

Not sure about the D40 but I have seen some cars with a clutch damper so if you dump the clutch it releases more progressively.

5000 revs maybe i couldn't quite remember on the day but i needed the d40 to dance to get into bs traffic...no prick would let us in...so i gave it heaps and i released the clutch and it released slowly when my foot was off it altogether...motor was sreaming its ring out...didnt sound too good.

That's just the piss weak clutch slipping!!

I've found you have to rev first hard becuase of the crap gear ratio's and clunky gear shift, otherwise you loose to many revs for second, after that around 2,200 works well for me.

Sounds like just the clutch slipping, not realy a good idea dumping the clutch at that sort of revs in any car let alone a navara. It will kill the clutch fairly quickly and will put alot of strain on your gear box and drive line.

+2 thats how you stuff the clutch very quickly. its just slipping/burning the clutch.

same as most - change up around 2000-2500. Most power seems to be between 2000-3500 in mine so no need to kick in it harder than that.

With the str8 thru exhaust, it sounds deepest at about 1500 so I kinda hover round there - cept when I need to bet a lux off the line

Latest posts

Back