Bullbar

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justdrinkbeer

Reaction score
Hi all,
Some bastard just smashed the front rhs of my car and pissed off, probably pissed, the same happened but not as bad on the lhs at xmas time, although both would cost a grand or so to fix.

Anyway, i've had it, gonna put a bar on, i'm leaning towards the ARB sahara bar, I love how it looks on matt76's car on here, although they are a tad pricey.

Monster rides (Monster Rides - Vehicle Solutions, 4x4 Accessories, & Finance) have a tube bar whick looks good for a tube bar, I just don't think they suit the D40 at all.

Also it has to look professional, my missus recons the tube bars look like pig shooters cars! Women.
Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Rich

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a nissan bar on my D22, though I would pick an ARB bar as first choice if i had to get another,
they look the goods in my book.

I'd go steel. Alloy bars are insubstantial and really only there for looks. The steel bars are considerably more robust. Just make sure it's airbag-compliant and for that, you'd either choose Nissan (which is made by ARB, I understand) or ARB.

Mate I still haven't seen one I like as much as the sahara. It is strong, well built and (IMO) looks the goods.

If you want the bars to go around the top of your headlights you will need something more commercial looking, but i haven't found the need for them.

Thanks guys, waiting for a price on the sahara bar, I recon they look great.
Matt, did you need uprated springs to deal with the weight? Any idea what they do weigh?

my price today for a sahara bar, which is on the to do list was $2366 fitted and colour coded. A tad expensive, but i'd do anything to get rid of the factory alloy bar thats on mine. It makes me sick.

I've got the deluxe ARB bar. It's brilliant. It is very reassuring driving around kangaroo country when you have the protection of that up front. It's cheaper too. Only about 1700 fitted and colour coded from memory.

i have a tjm bar on mine it looks good and has hit a 4ft tall roo at 100 with only minor damage at number plate not sure how much they are as it was fitted knew the dealer refused to fit a genuine one or arb as they are the same because they move around to much and squeak

Attachments

• DSCF0451.jpg
    DSCF0451.jpg
    182.5 KB · Views: 717
i have a tjm bar on mine it looks good and has hit a 4ft tall roo at 100 with only minor damage at number plate not sure how much they are as it was fitted knew the dealer refused to fit a genuine one or arb as they are the same because they move around to much and squeak

Interesting....My car has developed a squeek in the front somewhere that I have been too lazy to try and find. I must have a look and see if it's the bar. Cheers!

lol.....the old "ARB and Nissan bars are the same" line again... :)

No they aren't.

Park two side by side - the differences are pretty obvious.

Anyway, have had my ARB bar fitted for a fair while now - can't say it's moved any more than any other bar fitted to any other vehicle I've owned. The bar's don't move in fact - it's the body moving on the chassis mounts. Optical illusion... Not just the D40 that suffers from this phenomenon - every body-on-frame vehicle I've owned has had this occur.

nice looking rig fsxt!

was just wondering why the sahara bar is cheaper than the arb deluxe bar?
i just assumed the deluxe one would be more expensive... i get my st late next week and after seeing mats pictures i cancelled the factory nudge bar, and am looking at a arb one.

james

I found a snap on ratchet & socket in mine, shame it wasn't the full set!

!!!

Found a Snap-on screwdriver buried under the front seat of the family car years back.

Someone was telling me about the stuff Ford factory line guys at Campbellfield would put in the car they knew was for the boss... Sealing cans of coke into welded-shut cavities so that every time the car slowed, thump!, then every time it took off, thump!

lol.....the old "ARB and Nissan bars are the same" line again... :)

No they aren't.

Park two side by side - the differences are pretty obvious.

Anyway, have had my ARB bar fitted for a fair while now - can't say it's moved any more than any other bar fitted to any other vehicle I've owned. The bar's don't move in fact - it's the body moving on the chassis mounts. Optical illusion... Not just the D40 that suffers from this phenomenon - every body-on-frame vehicle I've owned has had this occur.

unless they have changed thier range recently but the arb bar on my d40 d/c work ute is identical to the nissan bar and it moves up and down about an inch and squeaks quite badly and this is suppose to be the chassis mounts ive been a mechanic for ten years and worked for nissan for four of those and have never seen this optical illusion

nice looking rig fsxt!

was just wondering why the sahara bar is cheaper than the arb deluxe bar?
i just assumed the deluxe one would be more expensive... i get my st late next week and after seeing mats pictures i cancelled the factory nudge bar, and am looking at a arb one.

james

thanks james not sure why they are more expensive the deluxe is a better bar

I've actually noticed some movement while driving, the bullbar appears to be moving in relation to the front edge of the bonnet.

I'd bet that's an illusion too - that bar just can't be loose, that much weight hanging loose on the front would be tossed in no time, and if anyone tried to winch from a loose bar they'd find themselves in need of assistance very quickly.

What if the squeaks came from the body mounts? Or what about the liner around the cut-away part of the bumper that rubs against the bullbar?

i should have mentioned that it is the corner of the bullbar that moves up and down about an inch and no other part of the car does it also squeaks when shutting the door and is definetly coming from the bullbar but as this is only the work ute i have never gone any further with it

Latest posts

Back