I wonder if this would fit...

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aido

Reaction score
For that sort of $$$ you could get a second hand weapon from a Jap importer.

something like this from Adelaide Jap Dismantlers. I realise it's not brand new, but think of the POWER!!

Name: VG-30DETT
Type: 2998cc EFI DOHC 24-valve V6 twin turbo, twin intercoolers
Power: 208kW @ 6400
Torque: 388Nm @ 3600
Sources: 1989-on Fairlady Z Twin-turbo
in stock from $1600

Nissan Engine

I have no doubt I could put either in there. Mating them up to the drivetrain, feeding them fuel, getting electrons to dance about happily in an ECU, extracting exhaust gasses and ensuring that it keeps its cool would be my problems though.

Give it a go Aido,that 22 couldn't go any slower...:flowers:

The 22 could certainly do with a bit more poke but coming from a bloke that admittedly drives like a 92 year old this 76 year old could certainly give you a hurry up - with the LH indicator flashing while I turn right :big_smile:

For that sort of $$$ you could get a second hand weapon from a Jap importer.

something like this from Adelaide Jap Dismantlers. I realise it's not brand new, but think of the POWER!!

Name: VG-30DETT
Type: 2998cc EFI DOHC 24-valve V6 twin turbo, twin intercoolers
Power: 208kW @ 6400
Torque: 388Nm @ 3600
Sources: 1989-on Fairlady Z Twin-turbo
in stock from $1600

Nissan Engine

Its not just power Iam after. The exhaust note from a V8 is what Iam really after.

The VG30DETT would mate up to the VG33E gearbox.

Those Exploder engines are pretty average. A mate had an Exploder and it cost him 4 grand as 3 or 4 chains in the motor needed replacing at 150,000km's.

Dave.

i rkn an ls1 wouldnt be too hard to fit. If it was a diesel itd already be in mine.

The VG30DETT would mate up to the VG33E gearbox.

Those Exploder engines are pretty average. A mate had an Exploder and it cost him 4 grand as 3 or 4 chains in the motor needed replacing at 150,000km's.

Dave.
Hence why a brand new in the crate engine is considered a spare part!

A mate had a Flord Exploder, I remember something about the rear timing chain not getting enough oil?
Sound right?

Do it, just do it!

Boss: If you figure out how to squeeze a 5l V8 in let me know, i'd keep the king cab forever if i could do that!

Couldn't be any worse on fuel either

Latest posts

Back