War Movie Buffs

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bosshog

Reaction score
Ok Guys

If you are into war movies (or war mini series) then I can highly recommend 'The Pacific' coming soon to Seven. Steven Spielberg and Tom Hanks again. Think Saving Ryan's Privates (I mean Saving Private Ryan) and Band of Brothers.

I have been downloading the Torrent for the past two weeks (its running every Sunday night in the US of A) and are hooked, but I am a war genre addict. Its methodical with its accurate portrail of what happened and of course has some close ups of our small intestines which made the Minister of Finance look away.

Its a Four Star General from me. I'd given it five stars but I have to wait every week for the next episode!

You must watch it!!!

Over and out.

Gus

A mate of mine worked in costumes on this series. Everyone is probably already aware but part of it was filmed outside Geelong and the rest in northern Queensland. Pretty cool. Certainly well worth our support.

Hi Gus, thanks for the tip.

I have a heap of war movies, and read about it when I can. I've just finished a couple by Peter Fitzsimons, highly recommended.

Hi Gus, thanks for the tip.

I have a heap of war movies, and read about it when I can. I've just finished a couple by Peter Fitzsimons, highly recommended.

Trobruk is an excellent read - especially as I could correlate it to the stories my maternal grandfather told me about lying in a 6 inch ditch with German tanks driving over him! As a young boy I just couldn't believe it.

Hi Guys,

Just watched the Hurt Locker and thought it was alright, but for an unforgettable book, read Kokoda by Paul Ham. Unbelievable what the Aussies put up with. A full historically correct and documented story detailing the entire saga of the Kokoda Trail.

It changed me.

Another couple of good books is "One Soldier" by John Shook a biography by a guy in Vietnam war. Amazing.

Another later war book "Seven Troop" by Andy McNab Auto biography about GB's most decorated S.A.S. soldier in Ireland, Iraq, Falkland Islands, Afrika, South America etc.

DJ

I'd downloading it too. It's OK but The Melbourne eposode, bored me to tears!!
It's good, but not as good as Band of Brothers.imho

Latest posts

Back