Sliders/side steps

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justdrinkbeer

Reaction score
Anybody out there who fancy's making me a set of sliders? Happy to pay cash.
Reason being, the standard STX steps obviously are shite, so I gotta bin em. Problem being, I use my ladder rack a lot, and can't find any (ARB etc) off the shelf that have a step incorporated, they all seem to be sliders only.
If anyone fancies a cash job knocking up a set, let me know, or if anyone knows of a manufacturer doing sliders with steps please let me know.
Matt76 has done just what i'm after, awesome job. Matt, if you fancy knocking me up a set i'll drive to Brisbane to pick them up!

Mate I can make you a set if you can't find anything closer, I thought the ARB ones were quite similar to mine, though I obviously mat be wrong. I will work out roughly what they would be worth when I get back to work on tuesday. Might be a good excuse for a beach run if you do come up here anyway :victory:

Hi Matt, thanks for the info, the ironman ones look like they would do the trick, hadn't looked at them.
Will be at ARB looking at bull bar this week so will check theirs out better then.
Would be a good excuse for a trip to Brisbane though, a beach run & a bit of fishing would go down well!

Um....ARB certainly do side steps - I have them on my D40. Very well engineered pieces of equipment.

I recommend Andrew Cox from Big-O-4x4, 4WD Suspension & Accessories

PICT0032.jpg

I need them to have a definite step on them as i'm tying things on there prob 3 times a day, thought the ARB ones were just sliders, no step

If you want any pics of the ARB steps - mounts, how the look installed, that kind of thing - let me know mate. I've got a pretty free week so can post some for you if you like. If it helps in your decision making process, pleased to be able to assist.

I'd like to see some pics of how the ARB side steps mount to the chassis please.

Went into ARB today to look at side steps, due to the fact my passenger side step got badly damaged whilst 4x4ing up around the Snowy River over Easter, not that I'm really fussed i was looking for an excuse to piss em off anyway. Can tell you there's not much holding them on.
Ive never seen the Ironman side steps, they look good, and at a good price.
Matt that price wouldn't be fitted and colour coated would it?

If you want any pics of the ARB steps - mounts, how the look installed, that kind of thing - let me know mate. I've got a pretty free week so can post some for you if you like. If it helps in your decision making process, pleased to be able to assist.

Yeah put em up if you can, would be keen to see them.
My normal ones got bent when we went for a drive on Fraser island while pretty drunk, also scuffed up both my rear wheels pretty bad at same time. Serves me right

Slightly different note to the steps but related to the Ironman portion of the thread.

We drove past the Ironman factory in Melbourne yesterday and it's up for lease, I doubt Ironman own the place and it could be that they are just relocating somewhere else but there definitely wasn't as much activity or as many Ironman vehicles in the carpark as usual. Of course it is school holidays too which makes for less staff traffic but either way with their lack of decent customer service I wouldn't be very surpised seeing these guys shutting down, (although I would suspect that's only my wish).

Hi all,

I've attached a few pics of the ARB step mountings - hope they help.

Attachments

• centre mount.JPG
    centre mount.JPG
    99.1 KB · Views: 159
  • front mount.JPG
    front mount.JPG
    121 KB · Views: 157
  • front mount 1.JPG
    front mount 1.JPG
    128.7 KB · Views: 143
  • side view.JPG
    side view.JPG
    68.8 KB · Views: 156
  • rear mount.JPG
    rear mount.JPG
    98.4 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:
They do sit up high. Will try to get a low-aspect side shot for you later today.

I modified the brackets of my original steps to lift them, before I got around to buying the new ones. Mainly to reduce the risk of tearing the sills out. The problem with the originals is the mounts - the mount to the inside of the sills. Hook up a mounting bracket, and you tear out the inside of the sill. Seen it quite a few times on various vehicles in the bush. That quick mod worked okay until I got around to the new ones.

Anyway, the ARB ones are higher than the chassis rails though, which puts them up fairly high for sure.

But the engineering in the brackets....um.....wow.....

I like them, got the checquer plate step tops on them which is what i'm after, should have looked a bit harder!
Looks like the checquer plate extends under the sill a bit too, got to be good for stone chips, I riveted rubber to my standard steps to help with this.
Thanks for the pics

They do sit up high. Will try to get a low-aspect side shot for you later today.

I modified the brackets of my original steps to lift them, before I got around to buying the new ones. Mainly to reduce the risk of tearing the sills out. The problem with the originals is the mounts - the mount to the inside of the sills. Hook up a mounting bracket, and you tear out the inside of the sill. Seen it quite a few times on various vehicles in the bush. That quick mod worked okay until I got around to the new ones.

Anyway, the ARB ones are higher than the chassis rails though, which puts them up fairly high for sure.

But the engineering in the brackets....um.....wow.....

Great stuff Anthony,they do look good.Any welding or drilling of the chassis
to fit them?
EDIT: And price?

Boss, what is Andrew's welding like, and his design? I bought all my suspension from him and am going to get him to make my sidesteps. Mind posting up a few more detailed pics and your opinions?

Some minor drilling required, but no welding required. Pretty simple job. I believe retail price is something like $800??? Not certain though. Like all these things however, negotiate :)

Latest posts

Back