a first for me

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tweak'e

Staff member
Reaction score
first time i've gotten diesel bug.
bugger !

did an fuel filter change today and found a bit of water in bottom of the filter plus some slime. the filter was choked with it. you could barely blow through the filter :(
fingers crossed it hasn't damaged the injection pump seal (i understand there is one thats prone to rupture when starved and causes major problems later on).

adjusted rear brakes as they where loose again. adjusted handbrake, it looked like it had never been done up before. hand brake is really good now!
found gearbox cross member bolts loose and a other minor ones. god damn lazy mechanics who rebuilt this ute, still finding shit they didn't do properly. :angry: :angry:

No good Tweak'e, I found the crossmember on the transfer on my Nav to be cracked yesterday.

So new one ordered and will fit this weekend, it has no chance of breaking on road but there is a vibration thats pissing me off.

Will post a photo when I replace it.

Dave.

i don't mind it so much if its material failure but when its some lazy shit that can't be bothered tightening up bolts........grrrr

anyway, i'm looking for a fuel vac switch like they use on boats to let them know when fuel filter gets blocked.
otherwise i may have to see if i can afford the pusher pump and dual filters mod.

Nissan dealers are the worst for lazy crap, well the local one to me.

Buddie on here knows the service manager of the local Nissan dealer to me and I am sure he would struggle to find a nice word about him like I would.

Dave.

actually it was a FORD stealership that did the repairs ! typical bottom dollar insurance job. friday night job for the apprentice :(

Any idea where you picked it up tweake? Or condensation?

Feel for ya, I know what it's like to deal with, never had it on a vehicle of mine though.

no idea. filter was on for a long time and i've used 4 main gas stations, each more than once.
will check the other ute when it gets back, see how bad that is.
i doubt it was condensation, never had a water in fuel problem with any vehicle before. so this is a bit new for me.
it could have simply been a gas stations tanks getting low on fuel and got down to the water line.

mind you the bug doesn't look to be really bad, more of a slightly brown slime rather than the big green/black ones i've often heard about.

Last edited:
I used to have a jar of diesel/water mix in a lab we used to use for diesel fuel testing, the interface was like a piece of leather is was that bad!

Latest posts

Back