Show us ya tool! Warning, pics of injuries. Not pretty.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aido

Reaction score
Catchy title yeah?

I love tools. Big ones and small ones.

Ok this might be getting a bit too Freudian.

Where do you shop for tools and what have found to be the most indespensible item in the garage / workshop?

My preference is minimax and www.transquipdirect.com.au

I've got a Graziano lathe and a deckel mill both mint condition in my garage. I know people how'd give a nut for them.
I also have
Esab Mig, tig and plasma cutter.
John Heine 6ft pan brake
Hydraulic mandrel tube bender with all die's up to 2"
Sheetmetal rollers
Drill press and assorted drill up to 11/2 inch

I'm on the lookout for a tyre changer and balancer at the moment.

One day I'm hoping to start my own engineering company.

Glad I started this then!
You never told me you had that gear!
I have a lathe in the garage and if you really want you can have both my nuts for access to that gear! You'll have to deal with the missus on that though as she carry's them in her purse!

What do mean one day? You could have started yesterday!
How much work do you want?

Glad I started this then!
You never told me you had that gear!
I have a lathe in the garage and if you really want you can have both my nuts for access to that gear! You'll have to deal with the missus on that though as she carry's them in her purse!

What do mean one day? You could have started yesterday!
How much work do you want?

We'll I'm usually too busy working on my own projects, just finished a new tow bar, and working on a custom camper trailer too.

I never told you that I did a duel apprenticeship in fabrication and fitting along with a dip in applied science + welding cert 5 and 7, boiler and turbine attendant etc etc. Jack of all trades still attempting to master one.

Now I'm just fig jamming!

I'm happy to help you and anyone else that needs some engineering done. I'll only charge for consumables if you want to make the journey to Carrum.

Not fond memories of the electric eels!
We used to draw straws on cleaning or servicing them where I used to work.
Still they are a great machine for what they do - its just what they do and where they go!

favourite tool : : Tool Description : :

Least favourite tool. Lost a thumb to this 2 months ago not fun. Still off work 5740NBSP-185mm Circular Saw

thumb.jpg

My neighbour did the same thing with a table saw when we were building his house about 20 years ago, some how the doctors managed 197 stitches in the top part of his thumb. Now I do know how a sewing machine works but bugger me 197 stitches in a small area like that without making it messier than it already was, thats an achievement.

Lets get fair dinkum , now this is a tool !
six thousand rounds a minute of toyota mincing bliss, better than any lathe at making iron filings

Attachments

• M61_Vulcan_Cannon_by_Mydin.jpg
    M61_Vulcan_Cannon_by_Mydin.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back