Help entering factory headunit security code?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mjc85

Reaction score
Hi all, I just sold my D22 so took my aftermarket headunit out and reinstalled the stock one. I need to enter the 4 digit code, but in the back of the radio book that came with the car is the "serial/pin" but it is too many digits, it is something like 0088315, which 4 do i enter to unlock the radio ? I tried 8315 and 0099 and 8831 and then got locked out, but it will be ready to try again soon. Any help appreciated

Cheers
Mitch

Visit any Nissan dealer and give them your VIN number, they'll tell you the code. Saves messing about.

Tried to charge me, unhooked the battery when i did my winch, when i hooked it back up it wanted the code, called nissan, they wanted $15 or something stupid for it. i said get f@@ked and went and bought an after market head deck.

For those who want to keep the factory unit but have been told it will cost them ring around dealers, there are a few out there who will do it for nothing and it's not like you always have to deal with the local bloke.

The disparities between all dealers is becoming a joke, one of the dealers down in East Gippy had a huge ad campaign on recently advertising all spare parts at up to 50% off (bet they were still making a fortune) yet calling them with several part numbers got the answer of "not in stock therefore it's not on special". Same dealer a week later, same parts request, sale over and the stock was supposedly in store and $40 dearer than the West Gippy dealer.

Just because they all have the Nissan badge on their door definitely doesn't mean they charge the same as each other.

Hi all, I just sold my D22 so took my aftermarket headunit out and reinstalled the stock one. I need to enter the 4 digit code, but in the back of the radio book that came with the car is the "serial/pin" but it is too many digits, it is something like 0088315, which 4 do i enter to unlock the radio ? I tried 8315 and 0099 and 8831 and then got locked out, but it will be ready to try again soon. Any help appreciated

Cheers
Mitch

Hey mate,
I'm having the same problem you had after fitting my cb! I've found the right code now, how do I re-enter it? It just keeps flashing "Err".
I've tried disconnecting battery, maybe next time I'll try not being such a d head in the first place!
Cheers

Fixed it! Found a posting on a South African forum!
You havevto leave the ignition on for an hour and wait for it to stop saying Err and instead CODE.
Another adventure solved....

If any forum members need a code send me an E-mail or a PM (E-mail will usually get a quicker response as I can access at all times) with your VIN and I will usually be able to get it for you.

Also as above if you have tried too many times and the radio is showing ERR you need to leave the radio on (ignition at accessories or on of course) and not touch it for about an hour (sometimes 1/2 hour will do it) and it will go back to "code" when it is ready to go.

Last edited:
In the last couple of weeks, for various reason I have had to get the radio code for two different Nissan vehicles - a Pulsar & my Navara. The first one, I rang the Nissan Customer Care number, gave them the VIN number and they gave me the code, no questions asked, no cost etc.

The second, I forgot the radio was replaced under warranty and the code was not noted. Nissan Customer Care had a record of the radio change, but not the number. I rang the dealer who looked it up on their system and they gave me the code over the phone. Again no cost etc.

As stated, the "Err" code flashes after 2 or 3 incorrect attempts. Leave it flashing for 1 hour and it will reset to "Code". Enter your code and all done.

Latest posts

Back