my d40 stx (sly-d40)

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slyd40

Reaction score
just picked up a few days ago 06 d40 2.5 manual stx ,with snokle , canopy ,roof racks , nudge bar and few extras like trailer brakes and 3 tone tow bar
here are a few pics
24551_1404817838572_1176162536_3123.jpg

24551_1404818918599_1176162536_3123.jpg

Thats one of those steel canopies from Razorback isn't it? I nearly went for those but side window access sucked badly and I use my side windows about 98% of the time.

Well there ya go, just like Avenger look like Caddy (or vice versa) Razorback look like sammitr. There is probably one factory in Taiwan pumping out all these canopies and sticking different stickers on them just we can all say we have different branded canopies.

quick question i am looking at doing a dvd head unit in the dash is there any brands people are useing or problem or advice for fitting them i am a mechanic so i have basic know how of electronics thanks

I put up a post somewhere which showed removal of the cd player in a D40.

It's something along the lines of gently pry the top coin tray out and then remove the screw you can see then the rest of the panel down to the switches its just clipped in. Obviously be careful pulling the clips but it comes off quite easily and then you can choose whether to remove the power connectors for the fan switch etc, there maybe be enough cable for you not to have to do that. Then take the 4 screws out that surround the head unit and it is out.

well i have just done my first 2 mods to the slyd40 including nissan floor mats (80 dollars) and a 6.5 inch clarion dvd screen and because i didnt get to go on the 4x4 trip i decided to get it dirty in my local dirt roads before and after lol

78722780.jpg

81bae6f8.jpg

f45317a8.jpg

df3d56cf.jpg

Just had a brief look through the manual (and it was rather brief) and it doesn't appear to say much about replacement of those globes. I'm not sure whether they are coloured globes or appear coloured through filters but having had other instrument clusters out in my time I'd imagine getting the cluster out would be the hardest job and then Jaycar or Altronics would probably be able to handle any replacements.

We used to replace cluster globes in the Mitsu trucks quite regularly and they were just standard globes but I'm not sure the Nav ones will be and also be aware that the Nav cluster isn't running at 12 volts so they may not be 12 volt globes if in fact they do appear to look like standard globes found elsewhere in the car.

havent been on in a while the d40 has come with some new bits searching ebay and found a hard lid for $450 with sports bars (black in colour) but it doesnt look to bad on the grey
9778228d.jpg

also just put a 50mm snake racing lift kit in and also brand new 265/75/16 inch bridgestone allterain dualers

Latest posts

Back