Maxtrax

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leprechaun

Reaction score
Went into a TJM store on my home from work to buy a new UHF antenna, instead I came out with a set of Maxtrax.
I'm sure you've all seen them, so I wont bother taking a photo.
Does anyone have any experience using them? The procedure looks pretty simple on the DVD supplied.
I was surprised how heavy they are, feel far more robust than what they looked.
Probably not as good as a sand anchor but far easier to carry and store. Could also be handy in bog holes rather than using sticks,branches, floor mats,door skins etc.

I have ever used them, the only negative I have heard is dont spin your wheels on them, even for a short time, the plastic knobs wear off super quick apparantly. All the rest of what I have heard is that they are great, Im keen to hear what you think. Time to go and get bogged!!!!

i wanted to get them but didnt have $300 on me...but will when i get some cash...i reckon their awesome...slip right under the tray

The max trax are great! Friend of mine has them and we've used them for extracting the nav from deep sand a few times. Very easy to use, so much so that the exhaust jack i bought is still in virginal condition. Make sure you have a shovel though, I found it's still wise to dig as much crap out from under the car as possible so you're not bellied out.

Yeah the Max trax are great, but as was said earlier, don't spin your wheels on em.

I lent mine to a mate who ended up helping a guy with a RAV 4 who was stuck on the beach. he was already sitting on the chasis with 40psi in his tyres, mate slipped these things under and the guy just planted it, he just spun the tyres on the end of em and burnt off a couple of the lugs, didn't fark em but i wasn't impressed when i got em back afterwards.

They work a treat, just have low tyre pressures and crawl out in low 1st, as soon as you feel em grab, then you can plant it.

Have fun...

I bought some before I want to Fraser last time, and someone stole them out of the back of the ute! pricks!

Id love to catch someone in the process of doing that, they would have no idea what hit them.

Latest posts

Back