D40 vs Outlaw vs Titanium

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HJWB

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone knows the difference between these three models in terms of suspension. I was under the impression that if I wanted 17" rims I needed a lift, yet these models come with 17" rims standard.

Anyone have any ideas?

I thought the only differences were features and extra's, nothing mechanical. I can't see why 17's wouldn't fit on an ST-X

I was wondering if anyone knows the difference between these three models in terms of suspension. I was under the impression that if I wanted 17" rims I needed a lift, yet these models come with 17" rims standard.

Anyone have any ideas?

They use a lower profile tyre so that the overall diameter doesn't alter. So the factory 17"and factory size tyres fit.

As far as I know there is only one factroy suspension setup available across the range of dual cabs.

I have an outlaw, the suspension was the same as an stx. It came with chrome side steps, chrome bonnet protector, 17's, and a nudge bar. everything else is stx. Titainium is the same, cosmetics only.

The Spanish-built Dual Cab STX ships towards Europe with its intended 17" tyres on it, and by the time it reaches the buyer's hands in Australia, these are mysteriously removed and 16s are put on - at least that's how I understand it. I don't know who's scoring the 17" rims & tyres, but somewhere along the line us Mobile Salon drivers are relegated to the 16" hair dryers.

That might not be a bad thing. If you've ever driven around Dungog NSW you'd have wished for 265/7500 (the extra 0's are deliberate) profile tyres running at about oh, 4psi to help absorb some of the bumps. Seems that Dungog Shire Council invented the pothole, and spend all their time going around makin' new ones and fillin' 'em in so they can make some more. What's left behind is worse than Edward Olmos' complexion and if you ever needed to give a space creature relief from a bunion or something, just give 'em a rub with Dungog's main street. That place works for dentists - without surgery, they can remove teeth ... they just pump up your tyres another 10psi and send you down to the post office on an errand and the whole lot fall out.

But I digress. Our rougher roads would call for a taller sidewall, and in reality I don't think I'd go for 17s if I was given the opportunity now.

Did I mention how good the goat tracks in Dungog are? The dirt roads in the bloody forest are smoother than the main street.

Thankfully tomorrow the wife and I are off to Stroud area to scout out camping spots.

Thanks guys, I certainly dont want to go low profile as the majority of my off roading is beach work. Cheers!

I run both sizes on my truck. I have the stock rims with BFG AT's 265/75/R16 and Speedy Wheels Victories with BFG AT's 265/70/r17 and have no issues at all. Only reason I run 2 sets of wheels is my 17's are the main set but the rubber has gone off so use my 16's more often these days seeing those tyres have way less kms on them.

Having tried to find decent rubber for my wife's 17" shod X-Trail I was thankful the Nav has 16s....Now if I could just get a vehicle that doesn't come with Continentals on it!

That might not be a bad thing. If you've ever driven around Dungog NSW you'd have wished for 265/7500 (the extra 0's are deliberate) profile tyres running at about oh, 4psi to help absorb some of the bumps. Seems that Dungog Shire Council invented the pothole, and spend all their time going around makin' new ones and fillin' 'em in so they can make some more. What's left behind is worse than Edward Olmos' complexion and if you ever needed to give a space creature relief from a bunion or something, just give 'em a rub with Dungog's main street. That place works for dentists - without surgery, they can remove teeth ... they just pump up your tyres another 10psi and send you down to the post office on an errand and the whole lot fall out.

Hume city council have been issued with same road building manual.

Latest posts

Back