2.5cr feels much better after taking it thru the sand

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BSK

Reaction score
I noticed today that the 2.5cr feels much better after giving it a workout in the sand yesterday.

the navara use to pull between 2-3k rpm then the torque would fade off and just rev out so i'd just utilise the torque as u would in a diesel. now it pulls from 2-4k rpm. initially on the way home last night i thought it was because of the cold night air but its still driving the same today.

im assuming the ecu is adapting to the way its driven as i spent alot of time sitting at or just above 3k rpm in very loose and deep beach sand.

just thought i'd put it out there cos i've read around the place of people being disappointed with the performance of the 2.5cr after test drives or new purchases..... give it time...

im pretty chuffed with the increase in drivability now.

I have found the same with mine. The engine also loosens up nicely once you have done a few kms on it. I've done nearly 25k and it is much much better than it was when it was new.

Hey mate, mine did quite similar when i drove it from sydney to perth full up with a heavy load just after i bought it. Pulls pretty hard but economy is really bad, around 600k's to tank. Had nissan reset everything last service (2 weeks ago) so will see if it changes

I found with my YD25 powered Pathfinder that it just kept on improving for about the first 20,000km but most particularly we towed a horsefloat from Melbourne to Newcastle and back at a pretty reasonable clip at about 15,000km and it noticeably improved after that trip.

155,000km now and still going strong.

The same goes for the ZD30.

Put a decent load behind them or a load on the engine and they always go better.

Dave.

Latest posts

Back