Egr butterfly

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mahooody

Reaction score
I have read a few posts on the egr butter, I couldn't find any for the 2009 2.5cr. Wat are the advantages and dissadvantages can it damage my engine

have a look at it. might have to do some testing.
however from what i see in the manual the YD25 doesn't use an EGR butterfly.

It ha something lol not sure wat will it do any damage or anything if I block it and see how it goes

just see how the butterfly operates.
put a vac guage on its vac line or a led on the solenoid. just drive around and see when it operates. engine needs to be warm of course but you should see it operate by th time you get out of your driveway.

i just blocked off the egr with aluminium drink can just to test out if it would do an engine light i didnt drive it but i did rev it a couple time up to 2500-3000 rpm and let it idle for around 10 mins and didnt get an engine light so tommorrow i will be getting some stainless to make up a perminent blocking plate. wasnt to sure on the drink can i dont want it to blow out or something and have it go thru my engine.

nah not yet havent looked anymore since sunday nissan has my car they are fixing cracked welds in my tub. i will make the blanking plate and have a good crack at it this weekend if i dont go away campin

nissan has my car they are fixing cracked welds in my tub.
What tha? PM me if you like or start a new thread re this little idiosyncrasy with the Beloved 09 model. I have a tub liner in. Do I have to remove that to check for this added feature?

Latest posts

Back