TJM Accessories Quote

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tonba

Reaction score
I have been talking to my local TJM dealer, and got them to quote up supply and fitment of;

-RedArc Tow-Pro Elite
-Brown Davis 150L Long Range Tank

I got a quote of $2,250 supplied and installed for both.. Seems a little high to me. What do you lot think?

The tank alone is $1650 from brown davis. Not sure on the other part though. Shop around to all your TJM stores, the price will vary.

Seems a little high to me. What do you lot think?

Either try wiggling the price down, best way i think is to find a more competitive price and take it back to them OR
Buy the gear and fit it yourself, learn what goes where and save on labour:rock:

If you are like me and not mechanically or electrically minded, pay the price and have it done correctly.
I don't mess with things I'm not sure about unless someone with the knowledge can help you.
cheers

Either try wiggling the price down, best way i think is to find a more competitive price and take it back to them OR
Buy the gear and fit it yourself, learn what goes where and save on labour:rock:

I am mechanically minded and an electrician by trade. But to be honest, I am really time poor at the moment, so it is easier to give them the truck while I do other things.

The only place i can see wriggle room is they are charging me 3 hours fitment for the tank, where brown davis actually states its a 2hr fitment time..

If you are like me and not mechanically or electrically minded, pay the price and have it done correctly.
I don't mess with things I'm not sure about unless someone with the knowledge can help you.
cheers

Absolutely! In this instance, I am quite time poor, so prefer someone else to do it.

It's funny how some people are cashed up but time poor or vice versa. There is never a happy medium where you have the money to buy the goodies and then have the time (which you will need heaps of it) to fit it yourself. The catch with doing things yourself is your re-inventing the wheel on every job. You tube is a wonderful tech tool and does save heaps of time but your still on your own in most cases to figure the smaller details out.
Don't get me wrong, i'm one of those do it your self guys and have done most work myself but there does come a time where if the risks out weigh the money savings and best get a pro to do it for you. The problem there is to find the right pro as some others are very dodgy and you could have done a better job yourself.

Price for the tank is usually a bit higher than expected because they are meant to rinse it out with diesel and run some through it, and that can get factored into the cost.

Better to have them wear any warranty claim that arrises in the future. If you got the cash
go for it.

I paid $620 for the tow pro elite through nissan, which was fitted by arb. Pretty nice looking/discreet unit.

I have been talking to my local TJM dealer, and got them to quote up supply and fitment of;

-RedArc Tow-Pro Elite
-Brown Davis 150L Long Range Tank

I got a quote of $2,250 supplied and installed for both.. Seems a little high to me. What do you lot think?

Its probably "a little high"because bushiness have to factor into their costs for people like yourself who get a quote and then look elsewhere to get more quotes. ..... They made nothing from their time spent with you.
Thats business.

Latest posts

Back