Accident!!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tonba

Reaction score
Hey guys.

So yesterday (1/1/16) we were involved in an accident on our way home from a lovely day in Newcastle.

While heading home, a young P-Plater coming the other way, misjudged how close we were and how fast we were going and turned across our path. Travelling at 80km/h, left me no room to move or brake and I basically T-boned her doing 70-80km/h.

Here are some carnage;

amazing no one is dead. if that had been older vehicles it would have been fatal for sure.

amazing no one is dead. if that had been older vehicles it would have been fatal for sure.

To be honest, a bit of my fender tore off, and opened her passenger door like a beer can. The metal when completely through her door and punched through her passenger seat.

So thankful she didnt have a passenger because they would either be seriously injured or dead.

To be honest, a bit of my fender tore off, and opened her passenger door like a beer can. The metal when completely through her door and punched through her passenger seat.

So thankful she didnt have a passenger because they would either be seriously injured or dead.

that not bad. a 20 year old car would have folded in two.

Glad to hear no one was seriously hurt but, P platers aren't the only problem. all day long in the Perth metro I see drivers yakkin on their phones or textin while tryin to drive. It scares the crap out of me when you see what they do.
I've got a theory, to get a drivers license now, ya gotta have ya brain removed before the license is granted LOL

Glad to hear no one was seriously hurt but, P platers aren't the only problem. all day long in the Perth metro I see drivers yakkin on their phones or textin while tryin to drive. It scares the crap out of me when you see what they do.
I've got a theory, to get a drivers license now, ya gotta have ya brain removed before the license is granted LOL

Ya poor bugger! oowch... that would have tightened the sphincter a tad and put a knot on it,,,, maybe with a little bow:)
... thankfully no one was coming the other way too.
Come here so I can rub ya' belly ya' lucky man... Wow you must have been quick to the stop peddle and doing the right speeds on that road "my sphincter knotted one"....
daaaANmm lucky in a way- and the winning lotto numbers are "dry road" "I'd say"...
welcome to the "and thankfully" "lower end road statistics".. The poor Nav...... buy the wreck and mod' the fukc out'a it- that will cheer you up:)

Oh and the phone shite- scares the capper out'a me too! Young girls and tradies are bad for it too but it's across the board "watched a suit in a suv" drift into my "on coming" lane this week.. would have been a head on if I wasn't on the ball- got to get that dash cam wired in that's for sure... And a pistola -time for a good'ol Cullen of dem der vermins.. happy new year alllls

Sorry to see what had happened. Did the air bags go off in your ute? Still early days but has the insurer given you good or bad news?
Im not sure if i would want my car written off and start again or have it fixed and hope everything will be good again. If its written off, atleast most insurers have the new for old policy and you shouldn't be too much out of pocket.

Hey guys!

Thanks for the kind words. It was a big hit, and shook us both. Glad the other car didn't have a passenger.

I got a call from a repairer and he is convinced he can fix it. To be honest, being such a new truck, I would want it written off. I don't want to be dealing with niggly issues because of repairs, not to mention my wife is too shook up to get in the truck again.

I'm going to try to push my insurance company to total loss it, so that I can just move on to another vehicle and be done with it. If it was a smaller hit I can understand, but being such a big hit, I dont want a repair job.

Looking at the pic's I would demand a replacement, It may be repairable but will never be the same. In your favour you still had it stock. Regards to your wife hopefully the shock will fade with time.

Looking at the pic's I would demand a replacement, It may be repairable but will never be the same. In your favour you still had it stock. Regards to your wife hopefully the shock will fade with time.

I need to wait to talk to assessor, as apparently they still need to come. I will call my insurance company again to push for a replacement.

I was not at fault, why should I have to put up with issues.

Shocking mate!, I hope you get the outcome you deserve. The P Plater will probably take a while to drive again, and thank goodness there was no passenger in that wreck.

I certainly would PUSH for it to be written off. Tell the panel beater to wake up to himself. He only wants to repair it to make money. That truck after such a big hit will never be right. I would say at a guess, that the chassis might be twisted as well. If that's the case it's dead in the water.

I certainly would PUSH for it to be written off. Tell the panel beater to wake up to himself. He only wants to repair it to make money. That truck after such a big hit will never be right. I would say at a guess, that the chassis might be twisted as well. If that's the case it's dead in the water.

Oh don't worry, I am pushing. Have stopped talking to the repairer. Only talking with assessor and insurance company now.

Insurance company is very understanding, but informed it's ultimately up to the assessor. They said that the assessor will take my concerns and opinion into consideration for the final assessment.

HWP and Towie both thought it was a write off.

Thanks for the advice and concern all. Will keep you all updated.

Latest posts

Back