Getting routed!!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DVR

Reaction score
Nah that's not a typo :big_smile:
I want to get a CB for the NAV and I've been wondering how to rout the coax through the firewall. When I put the spotties on, I searched high and low and was unable to find any grommets to use. In another life the NAV had spots but the previous owner had removed them before the sale so I knew there was a hole somewhere. All I found was a tear in the rubber boot for the bonnet latch cable, so I used that and zip tied the wire to the cable which runs passed where I mounted the relay so all's good.

So, Is there some ready made hole just waiting for a coax and other wires to run through in a D22? I'm a bit nervous about drilling my own hole as you can never really be sure that there is nothing on the other side.:stop:

Sounds about right to me. My bonnet cable boot just pushed to the side so thats where my coax went with a little bit of a sleeve to protect it and some silicon (roof & gutter silicon) I ran the power through there as well>

Cheers Brad

There is a grommet on the drivers side above the brake pedal. It is a solid type so you just need to punch a hole in it with a knife and you'll be away. You can see where it comes out in this old pic. Just to the right of the clutch reservoir and behind the blue diff breathers there is a plug. I have quite a few wires hanging out of it now but not when this photo was taken.

DSC01484.sized.jpg

Woops I thought that was the one they mean't, I dont pop the bonnet much these days. Only servicing.

Anyway the grommet Jon pointed out is the one I used, there is probably 4 or 5 cables going through it.

Dave.

Thanks Guys,
I saw that 1 but couldn't see on the inside to know whether it was wise to pull it out to punch a hole in it or not so I left it alone.

Latest posts

Back