V9X radiator overflow tank

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

david m

Reaction score
Hi folks, long time since i posted.
The white overflow tank on the STX 550, do these get brittle overtime as mine began leaking from where the rubber hose joins from underneath the tank and goes down and joins at the top of the radiator cap. The car is only 3 and a bit years old and done 65k.
Came out in the morning and there was a large pool of coolant on the garage floor and the tank was empty as the conector has completley broken off. Car is still under warranty (extended). Trying to find out if this is an issue with them that i will have to deal with in another 3 years. This is just one more thing that has gone pear shaped with this car. Cheers

Last edited:
First one I've heard of.

Plastics are funny things. Some react to chemicals that you put in, some react to heat, others to UV. I would hope they're designed to withstand the heat of the coolant, and one hopes even more that you're not driving towards the sun with your bonnet up, but those "No More Bugs" windscreen washer additives might be the culprit if it's not simple a spot of bad luck with that particular bottle. I was reading in another forum about someone with a 550 of similar age and nothing has gone wrong with it - they theorised that it's because it's never been back to Nissan!

Thanks for your reply Tony.
Car went back to Nissan on a flat bed and they replaced the over flow bottle.
Engine has been removed twice in this car and they said the bottle may have been damaged at some stage.
Like the last comment, this car has always been back to Nissan. Cheers

Latest posts

Back