How not to install suspension

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ultimate

2014 muster sponsor
Reaction score
I thought everybody might appreciate these photos. I picked these up off the newtriton forum. Apparently it was carried out by the Mitsubishi service centre in Thailand. It's pretty scarey and a very dangerous technique. These coils hold an incredible amount of force and could kill somebody if the wire failed.

IMG_4226.jpg

IMG_4227.jpg

Holy crap.

Looks like speaker wire, $30 gets you a set of clamps.

I am sure a shop equipped with the right eqipment would charge $50 at max to fit them.

Not worth the risk to save money.

Dave.

Fencing wire is good stuff it can be used for just about anything a mate of mine broke an engine mount in his 40 series while bouncing around the bush a number of years ago and the only thing handy was fencing wire. That fencing wire held the engine mount together for about 5 years before he finally got around to trashing the car.

that work shop is in thailand...guess where our navaras are built? and hiluxs...lol some navaras are built in spain thank god mine is.

Obviously you've never been to Spain!!

When I was 17 Iused a ratchet strap to compress the springs on my VW Golf so i could get into them with a hacksaw.
Ignorance is bliss obviously!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back