D40 with Goose Neck

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bosshog

Reaction score
Just saw this today on the way home from QLD and had to pull up and look at it in Underbool Vic. The owners live three streets away but I hadn't seen before. Anyway, things you can't see include long range tank, stiffer and very slightly lowered suspension, dual battery etc.

Photo taken with phone so not perfect.

NavarawithGooseNeck.jpg

Gus

That looks so dangerous, if water fills that kayak it'll overload the roof.

The hitch isn't very clear but doesn't look like it will roll well if the vehicle changes angle with respect to the trailer. That's one of the more important things we were looking at - and the Travelhome has that part covered, unlike many of the American imports.

Still, if it works for them, more power to 'em.

I seen that rig at the Melb caravan show.
The coupling is a large ball the trailer was made by southen cross I think and sat on airbags was well made.

cheers Phil.

I agree with Tony the kayak doesn't look right, although I'm assuming that what is only just visible on the left side of the shot is actually a bullbar mount that also holds down the front of the kayak which may negate some of the possible water effect.

I do feel sorry for the cyclist he hit though, bike might be ok but he'd have got some air after impact if thats where the bike landed.

^ Problem is the roof load, not the support at the front (which can be seen, just). Fill that sucker with water and it'll exceed the 95Kg (I think) max roof loading for the vehicle.

The fishing kayak I'm thinking of getting (solid, Outlaw 2 seater is hottest favourite) has bungs to let the water out, so it doesn't matter which way up it sits. The one pictured looks like you'd have to bail the water out of it - it probably travels best upside-down, but then if you haven't seen rain in 10 years, who says it'll rain tomorrow?

The kayak is a "sit on top" type, that is, the inside of the hull has no access, see the black rubber hatch on the front storage compartment.
Mine has a big arsed hatch on the front like that and has copped some severe dunkings by waves etc and comes out dry every time.
Monsoon for a month and it wouldn't hold more than a couple of KG's water.
I would hate driving around with it on mine like that though, just looks dicky

The bungs in a sit on top are there so if you get soaked, you pull them out and the water drains away (at least to sea level) so you dont have to paddle around sitting balls deep in cold water.

PS Old tony, get a Hobie, no question in my mind they are worth the extra

Last edited:
that puppy was over her about 2 years ago getting a service in rockingham, tray is put together awsome... good bloke too

Yeah they are top people. I had a good chat with em. Wish I had a job that allowed me to travel around Ozzie on permanent holiday.

Latest posts

Back