UHF Wiring

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moorey

Reaction score
G'day All, I'm about to install a GME TX3100 UHF into my 06 D22, does anyone know if it's ok to pick up the power for the UHF from the stereo 12v constant power wire? I intend to install it under the radio (which is now on top)

Cheers
Moorey

Yes its possible but probably not preferable. If you want to go this way make sure you are not overloading the stereo power circuit. Check how many amps the fuse is for the stereo and then check the current draw on your stereo and UHF. If the total of both of these is under the rated fuse then no problem. Please do not put a higher rated fuse in place of the existing fuse as it is there to protect the wires. If you put in a 20 amp instead of say 15 for example and the wire on that circuit is only rated to a maximum of 15 amps then I hope you carry a fire extinguisher on board. Personally I went directly to my auxillary battery for my UHF and I can now use it whether the ignition is on or not. Oh, and welcome the forum.

Straight to the battery is always the best option for am emergency device such as a CB and straight to an Aux battery in many ways is even better. You always run the risk of getting a flat battery and there is always the chance you could have two flat at once but who wants to calculate those odds anyway. Atleast with the connection straight to the battery any general electronics failure in the ute shouldn't stop your CB working therefore rendering it useless as an emergency device.

Thanks Fella's, Great advice, cheers! I think I'll go straight to the battery. and thanks Jon for welcoming me to the forum.

Thanks again
Moorey

Latest posts

Back