what diff

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glenstr

Reaction score
what diff do i have?
I replaced the front diff in my d22 06 nav,
how does one tell what type of diff one has?
I asume there is a number somewhere.

2006 only saw the ZD30 powered D22 sold, so its the R180A. Should be 4.3 ratio wise to but Nissan do some funny things so could be different to.

Dave.

If youve already replaced it isnt it a bit late to be looking for what ratio it is?

not really worried about ratio,
the diff came out for a 98 nav, so i was told. reading some thing that joshy wrote, the
R200 diff can have a locker installed. what is the chance that i could have that diff.
so is there a way of telling what diff is what?

taking it back out and measuring the size of it haha. i didnt notice any markings on the outside..

The plates on the front of the diff are different. The R200A housing is physically bigger.

98 model, V6 or diesel ?

Dave.

from memory its only just bigger, but its a fair bit shorter (20mm) but i think you said theres more then one type of R200

I'll have to do some measuring.
Don't no what model the diff came from, called peolpe all over the country, found one in sydney and got it.
Had a tag on the diff ''nav 98''.
It worked and worked well, would be nice to put a locker inside.

the r180 and r200 reference a nissan "r" type diff with a 18.0cm or 20.0cm crownwheel.
most navs have the "c" type rear with the 200, C200 rear..with the exception of the h233B rears.

afaik you can now get manual and e/air lokkas for both the 180 and 200 style diffs.
you can do a r200-lsd/2way diff conversion with the 200, as the intervals are same as the silvia/skyline & there are loads more aftermarket options.

r200 fronts were fitted to v6's usually, some terranos, some pathfinders, etc etc. i think this is where the difference in lengths comes about.

i understand the r200 front has more of a solid casting, where are the 180 has a removable drivers side with the 4bolts.

4bolt removable shaft

PZy587V.jpg

solid frame

sPIfD.jpg

well done, thanks. so I have the r180 in the '03 d22 single cab and that would have what diff in the rear? cheers

Latest posts

Back