Oil recommendations

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steve99

Reaction score
Well I've just clocked up the first 2,000klms in my new manual 2.5td D40 KingCab,so I thought I'd start looking at engine oil options now rather than leaving it to the last minute.
According to the owners manual a CF4 oil is required for 2.5td engines without a DPFilter. Well, after looking at Repco and Supacheap I saw plenty of oils which had a CF rating but none which specifically said CF4

Is a CF4 rating the same as one which says, exceeds CF ?

I do about 60,000klm a year so I'm looking at an oil that will do the job without breaking the bank.

Any help appreciated.

Last edited:
I'm fairly sure there is threads here somewhere for both oil and oil for the D40 but if your SCA and Repco are anything like mine you'll have trouble finding anything that fits the bill exactly. Mines an auto with the DPF but in 2 stores I found only one brand of oil that matched the Nissan specs exactly. Check out the oil threads and see what other D40 (non DPF) owners are using.

There is a thread on what oil's members use here already.

You can buy OEM oil from the dealers.

You can go to all the oil co websites and they show all their lubes from engine, diffs, trans, etc for a given vehicle model.

Or you can make you own choice from any of the above.

I personally recommend full synthectic engine oils,
and use in my '22 shell helix ultra5W-40,

which you could use since you have no DPF.

You choice though, but keep in mind you still have warranty cover so make your choice wisely.
as in don't use $20 kmart special.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back