Power Windows

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stomper

Reaction score
Northern Suburbs, Perth, Western Australia
2007 TD STX Auto function on drivers window just stopped working, was working then has just stopped...
I would be keen to get this working again. i dont have a owners manual for the car so im not sure if its something i have done..
Windows all go up and down but lost the auto function for the drivers.

Any ideas?

Thanks Stuart

Section 2 of the manual states:

NOTE:

The power window system (driver's side only) must be (re)initialised in the following situations (for further details see "Reinitialisation procedure after battery reconnection" int he "9. Maintenance and do-it-yourself" section):

* If the auto-up and down functions are operated continuously (equivalent to 10 complete up/down operations), as a fail-safe feature, the auto-up function will be disabled (the auto-down and manual operation will still function).

* Excessive use or loads will stop window operation completely (to prevent the power window motor from overheating), wait at least 2 minutes before attempting reinitialisation.

Now over in section 8:

REINITIALISATION PROCEDURE AFTER BATTERY RECONNECTION

Power window (Driver's side - where fitted)

When the vehicle battery has been connected, the system must be reinitialised as follows:

1. Push down and hold the driver's side window switch until the window glass is completely lowered then release the switch.

2. In one continuous operation, pull up and hold the driver's side window switch until the window glass is completely closed and continue holding the switch for a further 5 seconds.

3. The system is now initialised.

Enjoy.

I just rang my dealer's parts division and the Owners Manual for the 2009 Spanish-built Dual Cab TD D40 costs $53.15. The guy said that similar vehicles (the 2008 is similar) should be the same price. He stated that dealers across the country should supply the manual for that price.

I had to give him the VIN number of my vehicle so that he could make sure he had the right manual - you'll have to get yours and call your local parts place.

If you don't like the price tag, call them up anyway and give them the VIN and get the correct part number, then you can go searching for alternatives (eg ebay etc).

Sounds like a great idea, i will see what the local dealer is wanting for one.

Not happy one wasn't in there when i bought the car from them...

I have a mate who works there, maybe i ask him?

I have only had the Nav just over a month.

Latest posts

Back