ZD30 Patrol gearbox/ZD30 Nav gearbox Ratios

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joshy

Reaction score
Im assuming there going to have the same bellhousing so the trol gearbox off a ZD30 one should bolt straight in. But what about the ratios? Anyone know if there different? and by how much?

Cheers, Josh

You'll get some wicked gearing down low if you can make a FS5R50B fit in the transmission tunnel.

GU Patrol Ratios
Patrolgearbox.gif

Navara
navaragearbox.gif

Cheers for that shonky. Looks like its only 1st that has much of a difference, bit more go down low for 38's haha. Been poking around my mates GU and i rekn itll fit. Ive got the bodylift so should be right.

probably have to modify crossmember, maybe sit it a bit lower and further back

If it sits a bit lower and back you will have to modify the tailshafts and put a slip joint in the rear tailshaft.You will have to lower the centre bearing and you will probably get a slight shudder of the line.You will have to keep the front at the same angle as standard or the transfer case will bang the gears.

lol bit of a gravedig scotty.
you will need a bodylift to fit a GU gearbox (unless its the 2.8box)...(probably possibly without one but i still had to massage the floor pan/trans tunnel), easiest to run a 1 piece shaft for the rear with a slip. The gearing is pretty sweet. takes off in high range with 42's better then the nav box did with 35's, but thats also with 4.6's in the diffs. With 35's on the gearing is pretty good, although i havent had it over 80 on the speedo.

Latest posts

Back