Tough Dog Foam Cells

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HJWB

Reaction score
We jammed on some tough dog foam cells on the Nav over the weekend and took it out for some awesome 4x4 work around Albany. I can say that I am really happy with the ride both on and off road.

Initial lift was 50mm front and 60mm back, after 800km it has settled to 40mm front (forgot to measure the back).

Very happy chappy!

I got them discounted as my cousin works for opposite lock, cost me $1700 plus freight and a carton of becks to install. I drank most of the beer so was a big winner!

I am also looking at the Tough Dog foam cell kit or the OME Nitro sport has anyone fitted the new OME kit.

Yes, have had OME Nitrocharger Sports and Old Man Emu springs on my D40 for about 18 months or so now.

Very happy with them.

Ride quality and load carrying capacity are both good. Handling is excellent.

How much did the OME setup set you back for the D40 ?

I did OME shocks and springs all round on my D22, from memory was about $1300 fitted from ARB (around that price anyway).

How much did the OME setup set you back for the D40 ?

I did OME shocks and springs all round on my D22, from memory was about $1300 fitted from ARB (around that price anyway).

Price is irrelevant I'm sorry as I received a heavy discount due to bulk purchase arrangments.

Sorry I am not able to help with that part of the question.

We jammed on some tough dog foam cells on the Nav over the weekend and took it out for some awesome 4x4 work around Albany. I can say that I am really happy with the ride both on and off road.

Initial lift was 50mm front and 60mm back, after 800km it has settled to 40mm front (forgot to measure the back).

Very happy chappy!

HJWB, when you say "You jammed" on the foam cells, I have been led to believe the front springs need to be compressed whilst fitting the shocks. Is that correct?
Cheers,
Phil

Sure do, we had three of the buggers on there! We were using an air ratchet too, much faster but still took a long time to compress them!!

Reason for three was that two was a little unstable, one of them started to slip off.

I had the tough dog adjustable setup on my King cab, no complaints at all.
Will be going on the new one when I get around to it

Latest posts

Back