d22 tyre and lift kit questions.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ashleylipus

Reaction score
i know this question probably gets asked all the time but i have my heart set on fitting 33" tyres to my '02 navara, i understand i will need a lit kit to fit these tyres but im curiouse as to how many inches i will need to lift it.

i read in 4x4 action mag that i will need a 3 inch suspension lift to fit the tyres i want, id also like 15" rims but im not sure what offset i will need to go so as the rims dont foul on the calipers and drums when installed. and what type of lift kit should i be looking at. i.e old man emu, snake racing ect. ect

cheers

i know this question probably gets asked all the time but i have my heart set on fitting 33" tyres to my '02 navara, i understand i will need a lit kit to fit these tyres but im curiouse as to how many inches i will need to lift it.

Well there plenty of ways to skin a cat.

A suspension lift will not actually allow you to fit larger tyres as it still cycles through the same range (limited by the bumpstops)

But, d22's have a pretty bad ride from factory so you may as well upgrade the rear springs as well as the shocks. A 40-50mm lift is all your really need. (keeps cv angles and steering geometry with tolerances)

You need to remove the mudflaps and plastic inner guard linings on the front. You'll see where the tyres rub on the lower front of the cab. Theres a 10-15mm leading edge that either needs to be bent up out of the way or removed.

i read in 4x4 action mag that i will need a 3 inch suspension lift to fit the tyres i want, id also like 15" rims but im not sure what offset i will need to go so as the rims dont foul on the calipers and drums when installed. and what type of lift kit should i be looking at. i.e old man emu, snake racing ect. ect

Forget the 3" lift, its about a grand for an extra inch and the cvs are already pretty prone to breaking on d22's. Stick with a 2" lift. If you wnat more height/ clearance the better way would be a 2" body lift as well. (use the search function plenty of info)

15" rims require the wrong offset to fit (stick out from the guards) so you'll prob want 16's with about +20 offset.

Latest posts

Back