D22 Steering Dampners

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

albatross

Reaction score
I have just fitted a Ironman 2" lift kit and 265/75 r16 cooper ST's to the D22 and have noticed driving on the highway is more of a challenge now and the feedback through the wheel is heaps more then before making long drives all that more tiring.
I read somewear that a new aftermarket dampner (as the current one is origional with 150,000 on it) would improve the road handeling a little bit and help reduce the feeback through the wheel on the highway making the drive just that little bit easyer, can anyone vertify this also is there any other option then the Rancho kit?
Many thanks in advnace for your responces.

Scotty :)

Get an alignment done first, the lift throws the steering toe off spec.

Gabriel also do a dampener, if you really want one. They're not really necessary for these vehicles.

an old thread that i have few questions bout...i have a 09 d22 done 25000kms in almost just over year half...i have a 2" lift kit and im super happy with it thanks to Zordo(John). is a steering damper necessary??? wat are the efs and rancho dampers like??? id prob go with efs damper to keep the kit all the same

thanks
Russ

i don't know much on them but i understand they tend to hide the problems instead of fixing them. so they are unnecessary if your suspension is setup corretly.

Latest posts

Back