Mech Injection QD32T?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dion

Reaction score
Hi all.

Is anybody aware of a turbocharged mechanically controlled (so, not ETi) QD32 engine sold in a vehicle anywhere in the world? Cabstar, Frontier, Pathfinder, Atlas, etc? NZ? JDM? South America or South Africa?

Trying to meet the requirements to get a turbo'd (with a factory TD27T kit) QD32 through engineering but need to demonstrate emissions compliance.

Thanks guys.

emission compliance......how about all the companies that sell QD32 turbo kits off the shelf??
the problem of quoting a vehicle thats made elsewhere is the emissions in that country can be a lot different to aussie spec.

emission compliance......how about all the companies that sell QD32 turbo kits off the shelf??
the problem of quoting a vehicle thats made elsewhere is the emissions in that country can be a lot different to aussie spec.

Theoretically they have built a prototype, spent the money to have it emissions tested, and present the data to the engineer signing off on their output.

Yes, but by citing the relevant emissions standards for that country at the time of manufacture and demonstrating that they were equal to or higher than our standards in 1988.

Have you considered dropping the QD32 in NA and then turboing it after its engineered and then worry about it. Probably easier.

Dave.

Have you considered dropping the QD32 in NA and then turboing it after its engineered and then worry about it. Probably easier.

I have, but aftermarket turbocharging is a modification which requires engineering. I would quite like to get it engineered so that my insurance is not voided.

Latest posts

Back