2010 Navara D40 Aerial

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rmt

Reaction score
Hi Has any one found a replacement stubby aireal for the long factory wire Navara one. The Standard one probably works better but it looks out of place and keeps distracting me. And look are everything....:sarcastic:

Someone was asking for the thread size of an aerial, which I think was a D40 a few weeks back, not sure if they got their answer or not, also not sure what year their Nav was but look in the D40 section somewhere (I know thats really helpful but it's the best I can do right now). And welcome to the forums too.

Hi there,

Presuming you have a Thai built vehicle with the aerial in front of the windscreen? Spanish built vehicles have a shorter aerial on the roof of the vehicle.

For the Spanish built D40, I purchased an aerial from my local car radio shop and simply cut it off with a pair of wire cutters and put a little rubber cap over the end. The reception isn't as good as the original, but since I hardly listen to the radio it doesn't bother me much.

Whether that would work for the long whip antenna on the Thai built models, who knows. Presumably you could still find a shorter antenna with decent gain, but it might take some looking around...

Try the car radio shops - specialty places.

Thanks for the info,

so I have a Thai built, as the antenna is on the windscreen cowl.

Now i Know. I will try some stubby aerials from jaycar.

Hi

I have an ST D40

That long aerial has terrific reception possibly 50 to 100km more on an FM station. I'm amzed how far further I can hear a Metro FM signal down the highway. None of my other cars including a Honda Euro gets this excellent reception.

I want a stubby aerial too, not so fussed about the look of the long one but it is too tall and hits on my carport door on the way in and out, i have it off at the moment driving around with no aerial, sad times...

I have been in touch with Nissan, there is no genuine alternative, I am going to check out some auto shops to see what they might be able to mix and match from other brands...

My Aerial unwound itself in 6 mths and fell off, so i went down to the local bolt shop and got a 2" long bolt and stuck it in,, Radio still works fine but doesn,t get distance like it used to,,, ipod works fine tho

I replaced the broken roof aerial on my 2008 D40 with one off ebay for $5.15 posted. It was specified as for a BMW/VW/Toyota. It is 16 inches long and has a 5mm thread for attaching to the car.

earth the centre wire of the aerial cable close to the aerial as you can get.
Guaranteed better radio reception. Did mine 2 months ago awesome improvement

Hi guys
Does anybody have the same issue as what I have got with my radio I have the built-in satnav my radio tries to find a station with no success my CD player is working fine and my sat nav is ok no problems with that I recently changed my roof aerial no success was told by an auto electrician that is some think in the head unit ?

Latest posts

Back