help, connectors!!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alan_blue

Reaction score
Hi all I have removed the centre section to the dash today to fit a new stereo and its the section with the vents and air/heat controls on.

My question is that after I have refitted it i dont have any heat, ac, air direction or illumination controls just fan speed working. On the rear there is 4 plug sockets but I only have 3 plugged in and cant remember if there was 3 or 4 in? I have looked for the missing lead and cant find it anywhere???? was there 3 or 4 in??

Please help

Only going from memory here because I didn't disconnect the wires when I had mine off but I'm sure you'd notice a plug not plugged into something because nearly all the cables in that section are tied together I think. I did a thread a while ago about removing the stereo I'm not sure if the pics showed enough to see which wires were connected but it might be worth looking. do a search for dash removal and it's in the D40 section.

just been reading it actually and you only show 3 plugs hanging out? Is the centre one on the console suppossed to have nothing plugged in?? Would anyone be so kind to have a peep for me please?

Umm go out in the freezing garage and dismantle the dash at 10:30pm, nah too whimpy for that :eviltongue:

Shall look at the original post.

Oh yeah I did disconnect those wires. There is only 3 plugs the white one pulls out, the small white one pulls out but I think that black one has a small swing over lock to hold it in doesn't it? Not sure if not using that might make a poor connection or no connection at all but you could try that.

Have you got the manual? If so check it out and see if you can match the colours you can see to one of the controls. I think the fan speed works off one of the plugs and the other controls are off the other one, if you can pin point which one you might also be able to figure out where the problem is coming from.

Have they actually been silly enough to leave one socket blank but identical to another one so that one plug can fit into two holes, I would have thought they'd be all different given they don't all use the same number of wires.

ok didnt expect you to go out there tonight loli meant anyone tommorrow lol. I cant imagine i missed one and maybe they did use the same plugs? I will take them all off in the morning and refit and see if amy difference. I have also checked the fuses and as fiddly as they are they are ok it seems.

bloody annoying to say the lease, thanks so far though mate

Still gotta find a missing screw I dropped when putting the stereo back in and find out why my scangauge cable is making a noise so when the missus goes out in the morning I'll see if I find enough inclination to have a look. Probably have to re-read my own post to figure out how to get it apart.

The middle white socket on mine is not connected to anything. it could be the circuit for the climate control which is fitted to the Pathy but you only having 3 sockets is normal.

The small white one is for the hazard lights, the bigger white one goes to the rear of the fan control and the black one goes above it. I believe as well as handling the A/C controls, recirc etc the black plug also handles illumination of the panel.

Since your suggesting the panel doesn't illuminate and the fan controls are the only thing that works it would appear to me that your issue is in the black plug and socket.

How do you take the satnav and radio out i have a nissan navara aventura 2007 and dose it have an aux in the back ? Thanks

Redit you have been asking the same questions in multiple threads and the same answer keeps getting given. Thread title: "How to Remove Dash" in the D40 section, it is for the 2010 model but the step by step guide with pictures is suitable for most if not all D40 models.

Latest posts

Back