Bonnet Protectors

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timmy_larco

Reaction score
Hey guys, which bonnet protector would look better on a black navara? Black with white writing or chrome?

Does anyone have one of these on theirs? Post a picture if you can, thanks in advance.

I have the Black on black and personally reckon its much better. Would get rid of the writing if I could
22112008096.jpg

18102008072.jpg

NavaraMods073.jpg

NavaraMods125.jpg

Which model/year? I wouldn't put one one mine for instance because it has the intercooler intake on the top of the bonnet.

Depending on the design they can deflect air over the intake instead of into it.

Aussie Frontiers above looks pretty snug though.

The bonnet protector interrupts the air flow across the bonnet .Without the protector the rain beads and disperses quickly when driving but with the protector you have to travel faster to get the same effects.
However
Mine is a D40 and no inter cooler scoop. The D22 may be effected differently .That being said am sure a vehicle manufacturer would take this into consideration when they design the protector.

I have one on my D22, its covered in marks from driving. Has saved the paint a few times.

Dave.

i have a thai built cosmic black D40 to which i have just installed a chrome bonnet protector from Nissan, and it looks awsome!

i had to argue with lander nissan to supply the chrome bonnet protector as they said it only fits the spanish ST-X D40. They refused to supply it as part of the package of the sale and i had to basically speak to the principle of the dealership to get who told me it will never fit and i could not return it.

i installed it tonight without an issue in the world, all the holes lined up and it was the exact profile.

i am glad i insisted, as it looks great! the nissan part number is F5166ECCHRAU AND IT FITS THAI BUILT D40 TRUCKS!

Chrome bonnet protector

here is the picture of my D40 2010 thai built truck with chrome bonnet protector that Lander Nissan told me 6 times it would not fit!

Attachments

• navara front.jpg
    navara front.jpg
    221.3 KB · Views: 180
here is the picture of my D40 2010 thai built truck with chrome bonnet protector that Lander Nissan told me 6 times it would not fit!

It does look aweseme Claude

I'm wanting to put a protector on my 2009 thai built D40 - and wondering what colour i should put on my Silver bonnet .... any thoughts folks?

I picked up a Tinted Bonnet Protector, and fitted it last night .... looks great.

I also got a Tinted one for my wifes X-Trail - and will be fitting that one tonight.

Back