Replacement Ute Body for Series 1 D22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

archroach

Reaction score
Hi all!

Sadly, I have a problem with my Series 1 D22. Back in April, an 80 series Cruiser slammed me up the backside, wrecking my Ute body/tailgate etc. The crash shop was simply going to replace the whole lot with a newbie, as repairing was simply far to time consuming & expensive - Insurance would write it off.

There-in lies the problem!! The crash shop reckon they've checked all over Australia, through salvage yards and even some farming regions for one... without any luck!

Can anybody help me with finding a new Ute body for a series 1 D22? That's the 3.2Lt Diesel jigger, and not the Series 2 D22 with the ZD30. The Guards are bigger in the series 2, and won't match my front guards. Apparently, its not an option to fit the bigger guards on the front - to match - either!

I appreciate any help at this point, as my series 1 is set up exactly how I want it, and the Insurance payout simply won't be enough to get me back in a similar ride!

Cheers to'ya!

Archroach

why not get a later ute body. there may be some minor differences but the old guards etc should bolt on. if the guards are damaged they can fix them easy enough. its the main body which is hard to get right.

the series 2 D22 is just really a face lift version. most of the basics will be all the same.

Hey thanks guys! You know, I thought it should all be too easy myself, by the crash shop doesn't think so.

They actually had a series 2 body delivered by accident, and aft careful scrutiny, reckon it'll end up requiring as much extra work as fixing my banged up one! Its all because of the need to keep the goddamn insurance bastards from writing my truck off.

In the end I may have to accept a write off $ value from CGU, buy it back from them, get the series 2 body set up, pay the difference from my own pocket, and then get it through a Govt inspection to get back on road!

It'll be a bizzare beast then!! A series 1 D22 3.2 Diesel Nav that has a series 2 rear tub! No convincing anyone that it hasn't been in a biggish prang!!

D'ohhhhh!!!

Hey guys, sorry, was just watching the Footy with a good mate & slaughtering a six pack!

My D22 is a Dual Cab, and it's only the rear tub/tailgate that I need to replace. Its a tub to suit a Canopy too, so Toneau lugs aren't ideal... but I'm sure it wont be too much of a problem to sort if that's all I can get!

Hey thanks for even being interested to ask, guys!!

Archroach

Ute body

Hey archroach, there's one on fleabay at the moment. Its in Wodonga Vic,ebay item #260630119251. looks like the one for you. cheers DAVO.

That one is a series two but it sure does look similar to the series one tub, doesn't it? Bummer how it looks so similar but isn't just right.

Hey, I'm more than stoked & very thankful that you guys even give a Sh_t! I'm in a real pickle @ moment, I need some help to win this one. I really appreciate any help I can get. So keep your eyes open and your radars tuned for S1 D22 Ute Tubs guys!

Big thanks to'ya boys!

Archroach

My mate wrecked a series 1 D22 Ill talk to him tonight at the club and see what its like.

Dave.

Ahhhh... Bugger, thanks for checking for me anyway Dave!

I've put in inquiries through all the hotlines and fourby wreckers around Aus! So far, no Salami! Plenty of series 2 tubs around, but not ideal, damn it!!

Hey Lil Menace! Actually, I've considered that option, but It'll require a Canvass Canopy to be useful to me! I haven't checked yet, but I was of the impression, that it'll cost me quite a bit. Probably a better setup for Dogs & Camping though, to tell'ya the truth!!

Yeah I didn't see it before they cut the body off, have never been in a rollover and hope to never either.

Dave.

OK, after scouring the Country, myself and Glen from the Crash shop have given up on replacing the tub. He reckons he can do the necessary repairs without exceeding the Insurance write off figure.

New LH Inner/Outer Panel, Tailgate, Beaver Panel, Tail lights, Respray & Possible Canopy repairs. Then there's a new Bullbar & spots as well. Close to $10k.

Crikey, I'd only just gotten the Truck back from him in February aft another prang in Dec where a Falcon Wagon stoved in my front right, wrecking the steering & suspension. That one was about $7k... Jeez I'm lucky!!

Neither prang was my fault & I therefore haven't had to pay a cent so far... I just don't want to go for #3!!

Amongst all of this I've also had two Knee ops! 2010... the year that keeps giving!!

Thanks for all your help guys. Enjoy ya Trucks & see'ya on the forum!

Latest posts

Back