86 D21 dualcab

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VNSS

Reaction score
Hey all i'm looking at buying tomorrow an 86 d21 dualcab ute diesel manual. Everything seems spot on with it but the only worry the owner has with it is its lack of power and is worried that in a weeks time of owning i will be tired of it and look for another car.

Now surely these cant be that bad. It should sit on 100k's on the highway shouldnt it and yeh i'm expecting it to be slow up hills as well. It cant be any worse then driving my 88 1ltr 3cyl charade can it.

What power up options do i have? Turbo kits, exhaust etc?

Obiviously know one now then. Well doesnt matter as the bloke msg's 45 min before i was supposed to buy the ute and said he got a better offer. Now after looking i've found another one. Bit more rego on this one and its 89 model not 86.
Is there much difference between the 2?
Also can u have baby seats in the back seats of the vehicle?

Last edited:
D21's and D22's didn't come with child restraints. But they can be fitted.

1986 would be the SD25 I am assuming, look for a TD27 powered D21.

TD27 can easily be turbocharged, SD25's are known for cracking the head when turboed.

Dave.

Obiviously know one now then. Well doesnt matter as the bloke msg's 45 min before i was supposed to buy the ute and said he got a better offer. Now after looking i've found another one. Bit more rego on this one and its 89 model not 86.
Is there much difference between the 2?
Also can u have baby seats in the back seats of the vehicle?

The only difference is the motor - 88 onwards is the TD27 motor, a smaller version of the venerable TD42 in the patrol. It's a bigger, newer motor which is designed for use in a utility rather than in boats like the SD25 is.

My 88 has an aftermarket child restraint, it's just a bolt through the rear wall of the cab, shouldn't cost much to get one fitted.

Ah well there goes that idea as i will need 3 restraints. 2 baby seats and a harness.

Latest posts

Back