Turbo timer wiring d40

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coley350

Reaction score
Gday folks, ive got a d40 with a turbo timer fitted, works fine, but when the timer is timing down, i cant lock any doors untill its shut the engine off.

must have stuffed up a wire somewhere?

hi mate how you going iv got a 2009 nissan navara and my cruise control is playing up how do i fix it and it sometimes gos into limp home mode i was at the lights the other day and only just made it though the light when they turned green

Yer its a issue with the D40's, As the BCM is still getting a IGN feed saying that the car is still running it wont allow the security system to lock.

Currently you have to lock the doors from the switch on the drivers side control then lock your door hold the handle up then shut it. Its a pain in the A$$ but thats the best way so far.

Could you not intercept the main ignition feed for the BCM with a relay that when the turbo timer kicks in it activates the relay and cuts power to the BCM.

If you were to put a normally closed relay on to the wire going to terminal 3(yellow wire 40 pin plug) on the BCM (Ignition feed) so when the turbo timer came on it broke the circuit cutting igition power to the BCM, would that not work?

Last edited:
this issue was fixed but its a big job, if your not an electrician/ auto electrician i wouldnt bother

I have nearly locked the keys in the car a couple of times because of the way I need to lock it.. I know i will one day..

Worth a try anyone have a wire diagram for a 2011 D40 St?

The BCM is in the drivers footwell kind of above the foot rest alongside where the heater bits are.
It has three plugs on it. 1 - 40 pin plug, 1 - 12 pin plug and 1 - 8 pin plug.

The plug you want is the black 40 pin one and the wire no:3 which is yellow.

The numbers run from left to right, top to bottom just like reading this page and if you look closely at the face of the plug you will see numbers stamped on it.

As I said above if you cut that wire and put a normally closed relay into it which is switched by the activation of the turbo timer thus cutting the ignition feed to the BCM (if that is what is causing the problem as stated by Gunning1987) in theory the central locking should work.

Latest posts

Back