Lift kits for D40's

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

todd262

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I am looking for advice and feedback on what people have done with their trucks. I am looking for a 2 inch lift to get a bit more clearance...but very confused with what brands to look at and which to avoid, being new to the 4wd scene.

I have spoken with Shane at Suspension Stuff and he suggested lovells shocks(f & r) & front coils and a boss air bag kit for the rear, fitted for about $1250.

A mate recently got his SR5 raised by Ace Tyres at Tingapla with EFS gear all round for about $2k. And ARB quoted me about $2k fitted for their old man emu gear....all with greaseable shackles and new bushes.

Needless to say i am quite confused about which way to go here....any and all suggestions are welcome. What sort of experiences have people had with their navara's? Are there any othe places in Brisbane i should talk to about lifting my truck?

And how does lifting the truck affect my warranty with Nissan? i know they say if they can prove the aftermarket stuff causes a problem it voids your warranty...im thinking suspension is pretty straight forward though.

With the 4x4 show on up here in 2 weeks time (march 21/22 at RNA) i am hoping to have a better idea which direction to go as I want to take advantage of the specials they will have there.

Appreciate your advice!

Cheers, Todd

Todd,

I can't help you with your decision cos i'm in the same boat. Have you decided which way to go as yet? I'm probably going to go Ironman or EFS and fit it myself cos there ain't to many 4WD shops in the South West of WA.

Whatever lift you decide to fit, make sure you get a wheel alignment after the lift.
For what it's worth, I had ARB do our ute, price included alignment, plus a return in about 500km for checking etc.
No dramas, the car drives better and is not as loose in the front when standard.

I put tough dog under mine haven been happier lifted it 60mm corrugations no longer exist to this ute on road it handles like a car too

I put tough dog under mine haven been happier lifted it 60mm corrugations no longer exist to this ute on road it handles like a car too

Tough Dog would be a option if it wasn't so expensive. For the limited amount of unsealed driving i'll be doing i don't think i could justify the $$$$$$$.

There are far too many options out there.

as my rig is still under warranty I have been told by the nissan dealer that old man emu wont void my warranty and as I am in adelaide I can not go higher than a 50mm lift unless I have an engineers certificate or I will be defected "sigh" is it a risk worth taking.......

as my rig is still under warranty I have been told by the nissan dealer that old man emu wont void my warranty and as I am in adelaide I can not go higher than a 50mm lift unless I have an engineers certificate or I will be defected "sigh" is it a risk worth taking.......

Im not sure that Nissan will honour that necessarily if you do fit OME's...from everything I have heard/experienced they will do what they can to get out of warranty repairs and its up to you to prove that the aftermarket fitments did not cause the problem, not the other way.

That being said, suspension is a pretty straight forward fit unless your doing more than a 2" lift, so you should be ok. I have looked at OME's also but they dont have the warranty of other brands and they are more expensive...EFS, dobinsons, lovells, ranchos, etc - all seem just as good but dont have the ARB pricetag...but I still havent made my mind up yet.

Cheers,

2" is about as much as you can get without voiding warranty and insurance.
my D22 policy is no more than 2.5" or insurance is void.
Thats alright, done 2" body and 2" suspension next month lol. no insurance there

I have king springs EHD gives about 65mm lift on the front,(no coil bucket problems) and 75mm on the rear. Is more suited if your carring a bit of load as it's pretty firm suspension. I've set up for desert touring rather than looking for articulation. and comfort.

Latest posts

Back