bash plate question

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justo

Reaction score
Hi there, can anyone confirm that the thai built d40 and the spanish built (mine is an 2010 st thai built) d40 fit the same underbody bash plates because i have had some conflicting information from some people mainly TJM saying that the under body bash guards are different between the two models, i have just purchased the front and transfer plates from Brown Davis and want to make sure before i go and get under the truck on the weekend,
any help would be greatly apperciated

if this helps these are the two part numbers are
front sump UGNND40F1
transfer UGNND40T1

thanks Justin

definitely some differences between models of navara. Avenger have told me that their bash plates will only fit thai built models. Not sure how much difference or wether or not it would be an easy fix.

If a company tells you their product will fit and it doesn't then the obvious thing would be to send it back but I know this can just be a pain in the ass too.

I would make sure whoever you buy em off are sure of the fitment to save headaches.

maybe but then you run the risk of them doing something dodgy to make it fit. maybe its just me but only I touch my car :D

yer well i asked "Redlands 4wd centre" (who i brought them off) and they assure me that they will fit so i guess i will just give it a go on Sunday, if not i will be on there door step Monday morning

I am pretty sure that i read about something like this elsewhere on the forum or could have been some other place altogether.
The plates dont match and if i recall correctly it concerned the way that they were mounted and possible clashes with running gear, dpf etc.
Dont quote me but I am sure that it "can" be done but the plates need to be modified to suit.

definitely some differences between models of navara. Avenger have told me that their bash plates will only fit thai built models. Not sure how much difference or wether or not it would be an easy fix.

I am about to install an avenger bash plate to my Spanish built RX and can advise that to do this I require to drill a hole for the left hand rear bolt. I am also tapping out 2 existing holes to take an 8mm thread, after this the plate will fit perfectly.

That is good news reddog. Could you post up some pics of the avenger gear once bolted on to your truck?

I was looking at there stuff and figured it shouldn't be too hard to modify them to suit the spanish built truck.

Thanks for the info.

it turns out that it fits well atleast the front guard does, no modifications needed, tomorrow i will do the transfer case guard, so for anyone wanting to know the "Brown Davis" guards fit the thai built d40 2010 model, part numbers UGNND40F1 and UGNND40T1, i will post some pics asap.

bash plate fitted, took a few hits today so i am glad i spent the money
DSC_1267.jpg

DSC_1271.jpg

Finished installing Avenger bash plate.
Hope you can make out the pics.

Attachments

• 100_1252.jpg
    100_1252.jpg
    202.5 KB · Views: 136
  • 100_1249.jpg
    100_1249.jpg
    202.7 KB · Views: 140
  • 100_1248.jpg
    100_1248.jpg
    204.7 KB · Views: 137
  • 100_1247.jpg
    100_1247.jpg
    213.4 KB · Views: 134
  • 100_1246.jpg
    100_1246.jpg
    202.8 KB · Views: 124
Do they run some sort of spacers at the top mount?

I was hoping the avenger ones didn't have the holes in the front of em like the browns davis ones as I really don't see the point way down there.
My bro in laws one seems to end up just filling up with sand behind the holes when up the beach.

I have ordered one for mine so hopefully will find out for myself soon! ha ha

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back