Ironman Suspension

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Primal

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Look I know it has been done to death but I have been reading up on control arm fowling on the front shocks. Im a weekend off-roader and basically want a 40mm lift for some more clearance for my Kumho KL71 MTZ's. The ironman is priced ok at around $1400 and for that you get front and rear shocks, leafs, torssion bars and the bush kits with greasable shackles, was after some feed back. i know that efs is the better option but was just after lift and the Nav goes good with the current shocks and running gear anyway so anything better than stock is great. And alos does anybody know if the ironman kits front shocks fowl on the front control arms.

Cheers Guys

I have the iron man lift in my navara, it is a massive improvement over standard and the torsion bars made the biggest difference to the handeling.
Last time i was under the navara i did notice that the control arm had taken paint off the shock but i dont think there was any more damage than that.
Is that price for the kit installed?

I also have the the iron man kit. it performs well! have noticed sum paint coming off the front right hand shock. but nothing major! I didnt get the shackles in my kit though so make sure ur looking at the right one. also the springs in the rear have definitely gone down a bit. but they have stopped now. spose every spring is gona bed in sum what. I got my kit for$1050 plus $65 delivery so shop around!

for that price I would be buying EFS for the same money, a lot of guys are using them on here, i just ordered mine...

I got efs delivered for 1260 from 4x4 suspensions, upgraded spring rates are no extra charge so I got the 300kg constant load kit. Their customer service is next to useless though, if you need any help I would go with Zordos 4wd suspension, little more $ but very helpful. Came with everything except front gresable pins for the leaf springs, the originals often sieze up and require cutting out so replacements are a good idea, usually $30 each

Last edited:
I got the EFS kit for $1232 + $104 for greasable shackles. Also got the firestone airbags for $800. I chose this setup so the nav wouldn't be too harsh with no load. I also replaced the torsion bars as have a steel bull bar coming this month, so decided to do it all at once. Fitting the whole system is pretty straight forward. My main tip would be that you can't do one rear spring at a time, you have to take both out to allow enough play with the diff to get it lined up properly (use some rope around the chassis and diff to hold the diff up). When researching through the forums, I couldn't find anything bad written about EFS, so thats why I went with them. The setup is alot better than standard, thats all I can compare it to.

Thanks for the input guys,

I got quotes for both, as follows: you get the same stuff in both kits so pretty even.
EFS from local distributer $1650.00 supply and Ironman was $1250 from the net with free Australia wide shipping.

Im still a bit torn even though the difference is only $400.00. The bloke from EFS said that the new elite shocks dont fowl at all on the control arms its just a matter of seeing if the iron man do.

08/09 D22: Desert Rat Black Steelies, Kumho KL71 MTZ (265/75/R16) Alloy Bar, Custom Bumber, Tint, Turbo Timer, 7" LCD, Hard Tonnue, Snorkal, Lift Kit and Sports Bar Spot lights on the way.

Go on the tough dog site and you get everything that you need for around $1405 that is with the rear adjustable shocks. and tough dog is brilliant. all my mates have it and i am soon to put it in my navara

Hey thanks very much for that link to the web site. Ive been searching for a month first time i have come across it. Looks like ill be going this one, but ill give tough dog a look too.

Cheers guys

Hey Primal, I would go the EFS over the Ironman if your planning on carrying a load, The Ironman seems to work well unloaded but I've read to many complaints about their springs sagging. If the EFS is only a few $100 more then I still think it could be the better option in the long run.

Hi Fellas

I have EFS kit on my nav no problems.I will be fitting some front gresable pins I just have to have a chat with Zordo to see any one makes them.My EFS kit cost about $1500 fitted.

Shane

No worries! They offer different spring rates at no extra cost, their service was pretty useless though so it helps to know exactly what you need.

Latest posts

Back